160/30 vs 160's

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've been talking to jim a lot lately, unfortunately its all in the tuner.

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
Ever try running a 215hp truck thru 3ft of snow up insane grades of hills that last a few miles sometimes? Its called foot all the way down, and struggling to keep any form of speed. I have practical use for the extra power.

Topping out @ 1400* isn't bad at all.....

We all have practical use for the extra power. Either way, it's obvious you didnt read my post. :blah:

TyCorr

Reaction score
why do you continue to ask for oppinions when you truely don't want them? :confused:

yes...on both counts...butt yew gotta have the rot tewns.

My final disclosure: stg 1 or stg II injectors suck. If you are looking to build a superfreak tow machine, the 160/80's could be good. Buuuuut, you'd melt the drive train outta the truck unless you spend time and money building cooling systems for your lube circuits.

If you don't care to intercool you really have no business looking for safe fueling tricks.

JCart

Reaction score
Questions for the Op:
What differential gears you runnin?
What elevation ASL are you runnin the truck at?
What is the intended use of your ride?
Do you have optional cooling on the new tranny?

jrc

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Rosewoods. Stage 1's are 160/0. But they also offer a stage 1.5, which is a 160/30, for no additional cost. Thats a good 40whp for free w/ the 30% nozzles. 160/100 are stage II... far more fuel, and also far more cost.

There is no more fuel in a set of 160/30 then 160/100...

The ONLY differance is you can get the fuel out faster. Meaning lower PW, less HPO volume and no down side.

No matter what size nozzle, the fuel ammount remains the same...

160cc per 1000 shots is the same be it with a stock nozzle or a 400% nozzle.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^ joe... Really good point that I never thought of. Thanks for inciting some thought.

Rest of guys- typical use is dd, deep snow running, pulling stuff in farm/woods, occasional semi heavy loads, etc. My truck is my "oh ****" truck for when **** hits the fan typically.

I'm running 4.10 gears. I'm around sea level sometimes a bit higher depending if I'm in ski country or not, and I plan to get a billet tc and bts vb w/ the new sticks

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Fair enough. Still waiting on a response from my tuner to see what he says.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im telling ya johnathan will say 160/100s.. and tune to suit your needs/wants....

im on tapatalk 99% of the time and dont see signatures

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
160/100 and be done. If your tuner cant tune it to be fun with those injectors, find a new tuner.

Why is this thread 6 pages long?

IMHO, anything smaller then a 100% nozzle is worthless. Leave the stock nozzle in there.

Your pissing money away on a 30% nozzle.

I have to disagree.... the 100% nozzles are hit and miss the 80% don't flow that much less but don't have the variations I have seen with the 100% nozzles.

Both nozzles start off at .0075 EDM and the 100% just has more extrude hone work done over the light polish the 80% nozzles get. The 80% has a sharper hole that is more round and is just a cleaner nozzle. I've been trying to push for a nozzle with .009 EDM and light polish and it would actually be cleaner than a 100% nozzle and flow like 120%.....

The 30% is also a very nice nozzle for 160cc and is the limit of what an A code body can flow without dropping injection pressure at WOT because of the oil flow restrictions.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
im telling ya johnathan will say 160/100s.. and tune to suit your needs/wants....

im on tapatalk 99% of the time and dont see signatures

Lol well thanks for the guidance man... appreciate the knowledge over here.

I have to disagree.... the 100% nozzles are hit and miss the 80% don't flow that much less but don't have the variations I have seen with the 100% nozzles.

Both nozzles start off at .0075 EDM and the 100% just has more extrude hone work done over the light polish the 80% nozzles get. The 80% has a sharper hole that is more round and is just a cleaner nozzle. I've been trying to push for a nozzle with .009 EDM and light polish and it would actually be cleaner than a 100% nozzle and flow like 120%.....

The 30% is also a very nice nozzle for 160cc and is the limit of what an A code body can flow without dropping injection pressure at WOT because of the oil flow restrictions.

I love hearing the Powerstroke Gods speak... it's like hearing a song that makes you want to dance. Or something like this...:blitzed:

So what in YOUR preference would be good for max hp/tq/reliability to tune?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Lol well thanks for the guidance man... appreciate the knowledge over here.

I love hearing the Powerstroke Gods speak... it's like hearing a song that makes you want to dance. Or something like this...:blitzed:

So what in YOUR preference would be good for max hp/tq/reliability to tune?

I don't know about all of that, but it is whatever you want out of your truck. You should only buy injectors once..... set your eventual HP goal and then get the injector to suit that goal. If you have to wait on airflow upgrades your tuner can work with you if your first set of injectors are bigger than your airflow package supports (to keep it detuned).

Latest posts

Members online