160/30 vs 160's

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I NEVER plan to upgrade my turbo unless for some dumb reason my stocker blows.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
The 30% has just as much place on a 160cc injector as does the 80%.

It is all about TIME.

There really is no purpose to use a 100% nozzle on something so small as the 160cc size injector. I am just as guilty as others in the past i too used them ALOT on stage 2 injectors(160cc/100%).

But when it comes down too it the 30% is a very nice combo.

Compare these to the standard USED stock nozzle 160cc injector. The small increase works quite well for the PW available and it idles WAY smoother than someone’s old wore out stockers. I try to keep pricing as low as possible on these because they are what I consider an entry level injector. But I promote these as being a very close contender for any standard stage 2 injector. For the cost it is a heck of an upgrade for those wanting to upgrade their injectors but stay on a budget.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I NEVER plan to upgrade my turbo unless for some dumb reason my stocker blows.

you will have a surge issue with bigger injectors in a towing situation unless you do a wicked wheel and 1.0 exhaust housing.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Beans final word is to pick up the 160/30s for stock turbo/ic. He sdays it will be good for a good 400whp and pyro will be just fine on the hot tune, and towing should be ok and won't take too much looking after the pyro.

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Beans final word is to pick up the 160/30s for stock turbo/ic. He sdays it will be good for a good 400whp and pyro will be just fine on the hot tune, and towing should be ok and won't take too much looking after the pyro.

you do understand that 400 rwhp is not on your stock turbo?

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
What's the limit for the stocker? A super 66 will support ~500rwhp

you mean a D-66, by super 66? It might support 500hp but prolly shouldn't. I'm not gonna try it with mine. Also, show me a 400rwhp non innercooled PSD that lives at 400hp. during, say, a 200 mile tow.
What it comes down to is I can build a 1000 hp civic. I can't make it live for more than about 30 seconds at a time though.:tree:

TyCorr

Reaction score
you mean a D-66, by super 66? It might support 500hp but prolly shouldn't. I'm not gonna try it with mine. Also, show me a 400rwhp non innercooled PSD that lives at 400hp. during, say, a 200 mile tow.
What it comes down to is I can build a 1000 hp civic. I can't make it live for more than about 30 seconds at a time though.:tree:

No a super 66 is a d66 with a 38r comp wheel and a non wg van turbine side. I don't care to discuss 1kph civics or towing with a 400hp truck. Both retarded. I wanna know why a stock 66 can't make 400hp? Or why it would just explode? I don't.feel that's the case. A truck that can make 400hp doesn't have to be run there all the time. When I put my 275/200s in I'm gonna tow at about 250hp. That leaves 300 on the table. See where I'm headed?

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
No a super 66 is a d66 with a 38r comp wheel and a non wg van turbine side. I don't care to discuss 1kph civics or towing with a 400hp truck. Both retarded. I wanna know why a stock 66 can't make 400hp? Or why it would just explode? I don't.feel that's the case. A truck that can make 400hp doesn't have to be run there all the time. When I put my 275/200s in I'm gonna tow at about 250hp. That leaves 300 on the table. See where I'm headed?

yes, I see you will want more and blow your non IC'd PSD up.:rockon:

TyCorr

Reaction score

My truck is intercooled, water injected, and custom tuned it doesn't get hot. I don't push on shti real hard anyway, seeing how my 175/100s were only making 410 hp with a 38r. It ran great and clean. You didn't catch my drift, obviously.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the d66 and the supper 66 are the same specs aint they? just one is for a super duty and one is for an obs. both have a 66 mm compressor wheel but i thought the turbine on the d66 is bigger?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
wow... i was wrong.... but i guess 2 yrs ago is the info i was going off when they told me what to go with

Believe me, a LOT has changed between 2 years ago and now. I see this all the time when cross referencing. Its funny some of the posts from 2 years ago and how far off they can be sometimes from now. But thats not to say that EVERYTHING was wrong. beans was just getting hot with the 7.3 tuning side about 3 years ago.

you do understand that 400 rwhp is not on your stock turbo?

On the contrary, I made it clear I have no intentions of adding a turbo or IC, and Beans has made it 100% clear that the 400whp is on the stock turbo.

Also, show me a 400rwhp non innercooled PSD that lives at 400hp. during, say, a 200 mile tow.

Happens all the time... thats why there are tow tunes. Are you new to the powerstroke, or have a cummins background by any chance?

When I put my 275/200s in I'm gonna tow at about 250hp. That leaves 300 on the table. See where I'm headed?

Exactly.

Thats just a terribly unsmart statement to make, as its terribly untrue.