1995 7.3 4 X 4 5 speed

79jasper

Reaction score
Smoke on cold starts is actually pretty normal.
I got the hydra, with it in the higher tunes I have accidentally flooded intersections. And I kinda have to be careful how I take off.
But can't really compare since yours is different tuning.
I wouldn't say it's a sign of weak injectors either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rico

Reaction score
:thumbup::thumbup:Ha! That's funny. I have taken my injectors out and cleaned them before. The tips were pretty nasty looking. So I soaked them for a week or so in penetrating oil. Scrubbed off pretty easily. Never saw the inside of the injectors tho. I'm running only the 3" downpipe for exhaust and the truck isn't too loud!

Reaction score
Ok.... Low power checks 7.3... Hmmm, check fuel pressure at the shrader valve... Is it between 55 and 65 psi at around 1600rpm?? You need to see the ICP and is it holding steady, does your commanded IPR when it changes does the ICP change fairly quickly as well... If it doesn't with stock injectors that's a darn good indicator that your hpop isn't happy. You could have debris too in the screen of your IPR causing a slow response from your IPR. You can take brake cleaner and go around the silicone intake seals where the intake bolts to the intake and spray it around gently with a straw and if the engine speeds up you have a boost leak.. On trucks these old I know that silicone is starting to give way.. Unplug the ICP sensor and check for oil in the plug and inside the sensor plug itself... This is an indicator of a failing Oil pressure sensor.. You need to be able to see oil temp as well to see if it's reading correctly as on stock trucks this particular signal controls your injection timing and how advance you have.. Hope this helps.

Rico

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. A year ago I replaced the ICP, IPR, CPS, valve cover gaskets, glow plugs, injector orings, ebpv ******, ebps eliminator, rebuilt turbo with WWheel2, oil temp sensor, oil pressure sensor, GPR, rebuilt fuel bowl and added the 97 Cali spring instead of the BB shim for fuel pressure. Truck runs well. The tin nut keep coming loose on the IPR but I would have to say that the hickup I see at idle worries me. There are days were the truck runs GREAT then majority of days it just doesn't seem to have the balls it should. With the chip installed today I can say it's got some balls but maybe I'm just power hungry. I lov powerstrokes!

Reaction score
Those itty bitty 90cc injectors just don't give us the grunt most are looking for.. Thee most unfortunate thing about the 7.3 platform is the ability to make enjoyable power from a tune and a few mods... You COULD do this, buy a set of say 250/200s and have the truck tuned very CONSERVATIVELY to work with all your existing components and enjoy it, then add your supporting mods, efuel, bigger hpo oil system, head studs, springs, push rods, intake plenums, T4 ect... BUT BUT BUT this will only work and be reliable if you start with supporting mods first...

Rico

Reaction score
Yea! Those are powerful injectors! I was thinking stage 1.5's and a terminator hpop rebuild? The truck I had before was a 97 460 extra cab short bed. Was a tough truck! But... My buddy's 97 powerstroke was just a different beast and that's why I switched over. The manual tranny is tough but I'm thinking it needs more motor. Not sure. With injectors/ hpop those are parts I can install myself but Pistons,bolts and what not get expensive I would imagine! Balling on a budget. Work hard play hard

Rico

Reaction score
I installed an Adrenaline Hpop and stage 1.5's from full force diesel and also installed an electric fuel system. Truck runs like a champ! I'm guessing that I should have my chip reprogrammed? Any position I run except stock rolls coal and unfortunately I don't need the attention here in Cali

Rico

Reaction score
Heads off! I'm an idiot, I left the hood on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 57

superpsd

Reaction score
I have read many post that say ge@rhead tunes clean. If you want to run clean I would talk to him.

Rico

Reaction score
TW did the tunes. I'll just send it back to him and let him do his magic. I can't believe how much better the truck runs. The truck is bad ass now. Only issue is the smoke. I put on a dianmind eye 4" and it's the SH-- but I can't hear the whistle with the muffler. Hmm should I take it off and run straight pipe? The kit can with a muffler dele.. Pipe

needen$77

Reaction score
Mine is straight. When i changed it i was little unimpressed. Incab i didnt notice much other than some nice turbo whistle

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Baker42

Reaction score
Leave the muffler on dude. Gets annoying towing a trailer for 3 hours hearing that drone the whole time. My $.02

Latest posts

Members online