1995 F-350 Overhaul

Beau

Reaction score

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
It looks great man! I've been working all week trying to get the piping to fit under the hood. I'll have to email you pictures when I finish!

Beau

Reaction score
I have found out that the melling pump low pressure pump was not able to keep up with the demands of the turbos/gen3. Once the oil was up to operating temp idle oil pressure started to drop below 15psi. So i bought a pump from diesel site, let you know what I find out.

Beau

Reaction score
the audio system is still not done, but I have Alpine Type R - everything, 6.5's doors, 6x8 corners, and shallow in the rear, using a PDX m6, and PDX F6. I'm F-ing slow, work is driving me nutz

Beau

Reaction score
the old 7.3 runs out pretty good. I have a few issues I have run across although, First being oil leaks from the dip stick adapter. word of advice don't go cheap and reuse the stock dipstick fitting going into the oil pan, buy new. The truck runs out great,but I have blown off the second stage boot around 50 ish PSI a couple of times now, and it scares the crap out of me. Other than that the 7.3 chugs along as expected even pulling a load no worries. I can not say anything bad about the parts used for the build. Everything worked well, other than my own decisions to cheap out on the oil dipstick tube adapter. if your looking for a well rounded 7.3 that pulls hard this is the way to roll.

MeTo

Reaction score
That is a very nice build and thanks for taking the time to document and share info. Have you had a chance to dyno it? Why did you weld the timing gears?

I will be doing my engine next spring; just a refresh and bullet proofing. Any advice or tips as to what should be done while I'm in their would be appreciated. A PM?

Latest posts

Members online