1996 tow rig upgrades??

Klutch

Reaction score
Hey it's been awhile since I've had my 7.3, had a 2000 truck that I built to 500 ish hp. Sold it mid 2000's. So I know a bit about building a 7.3 but I've been away from it for quite some time. I'm selling my current 2020 F350 6.7 as I've found a mint 7.3 to buy. Plan is to turn it into a bit of a tow rig for a 7000lbs enclosed dirt bike trailer. This truck will be used to tow that a few times a year and that's it. The odd daily drive maybe. I hardly use my 2020 to tow for work, so I'm replacing that with a bronco raptor for daily/work driving.

Just looking to be pointed in the right direction for this build. It's been so long that some of the companies I dealt with are gone and I'm not familiar with the ones around now. Shooting for the 400-450hp range. Any help is appreciated.

6.7powersmoke

Reaction score
For that power level, t4 s364.5 swap with SD 6.0 intercooler, at least SD 17* hpop and 160/30 or 205/30 injectors. And obviously a tune. I really like Mark Fugazzotto's E-fuel kit, but you might be close to dual bosch sd pump territory. Check out this thread, ive seen this rig in person and its legit.

Then with that kind of power, all the supporting mods...probably ladder bars, clutch or upgraded auto(and trans cooler), obviously gauges.

In all honesty, that kind of power level is way overkill for that type load and you could spend alot less on just basics and less on supporting mods, put balanced assembly in turbo, chineese up-pipes (maybe injectors) and build your own intercooler kit and put e-fuel on it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.