200% nozzle = great tow pig

02BigD

Reaction score
anybody ever driven a light truck with stockish tires and 200% nozzles on the highway with little or no load?

I would imagine it would be a handful, especially in wet conditions. Tuning would probably play a big part in that :poke:

WIESEL

Reaction score
I am really happy with my 200% nozzles with stock sticks, big oil, fuel system, and to top it off NO TUNES.
I never got over 20 psi before now I see 35psi wot on a steep grade. It cleans up nice, not smokey at all.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Matt over the weekend I towed a Explorer and the slight bucking was gone once it had a load on it. Also I think it might be a problem somewhere else. After the motor got good and hot. It would idle very very smoth and after a 2 or 3 secinds and you could feel like a injector was just getting turned on and off like it was not fireing at all. Kinda like when a spark plug is starting to fowl out.

Do you think it might be a injector selinoid going bad and not fireing till more voltage is sent for when more PW is called for?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt over the weekend I towed a Explorer and the slight bucking was gone once it had a load on it. Also I think it might be a problem somewhere else. After the motor got good and hot. It would idle very very smoth and after a 2 or 3 secinds and you could feel like a injector was just getting turned on and off like it was not fireing at all. Kinda like when a spark plug is starting to fowl out.

Do you think it might be a injector selinoid going bad and not fireing till more voltage is sent for when more PW is called for?

Depending on engine load, the idle sometimes doesn't require all injectors firing with 200% nozzles when it drops the pulsewidth below the minimum needed for the injectors to fire. Some will fire and some will not. It is always a tossup of dropping the ICP enough for a smooth idle and having no fuel smell out of the exhaust due to poor atomization when it comes to tuning.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Depending on engine load, the idle sometimes doesn't require all injectors firing with 200% nozzles when it drops the pulsewidth below the minimum needed for the injectors to fire. Some will fire and some will not. It is always a tossup of dropping the ICP enough for a smooth idle and having no fuel smell out of the exhaust due to poor atomization when it comes to tuning.

Also it is hazing some since we did the tuning changes. I just took the HPOP out last night since I will be getting the SRP1 next week sometime. Once I get that installed I will get back with ya and let ya know how it is running. Also going to change the oil to 5w40 once I get it back running with the new pump.

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So would 200% nozzles be too much for my little 2wd? It's still my dd...
No way...as long as you have custom tunes
I am really happy with my 200% nozzles with stock sticks, big oil, fuel system, and to top it off NO TUNES.
I never got over 20 psi before now I see 35psi wot on a steep grade. It cleans up nice, not smokey at all.
200% nozzles on the stock ABs is what your running!? Its no wonder they arent smokey at all, i bet you can inject all that fuel in a HURRY then the injector is empty and has nothing more to offer haha.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

200% nozzles on the stock ABs is what your running!? Its no wonder they arent smokey at all, i bet you can inject all that fuel in a HURRY then the injector is empty and has nothing more to offer haha.

We know who built the injectors so...LOL

WIESEL

Reaction score

Yes I definitely need more fuel!

I spent all my allowance and was planning on reusing the 200% nozzles on the next upgrade. For the money it was worth it, imo.

O, btw they are ADs.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yes I definitely need more fuel!

I spent all my allowance and was planning on reusing the 200% nozzles on the next upgrade. For the money it was worth it, imo.

O, btw they are ADs.

Oh **** thats what i meant haha, AD!

But youll love yourself once you add some CC's in there hah

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

This is exactly why I have been working on improving the injector's mechanical control resolution. There is no reason not to have a nice crisp clean injection event with a low enough injected volume to idle perfectly on all 8 injectors.

Charles

Reaction score
This is exactly why I have been working on improving the injector's mechanical control resolution. There is no reason not to have a nice crisp clean injection event with a low enough injected volume to idle perfectly on all 8 injectors.

You have to make them turn off quicker. I'd say the lag on turning off is probably north of .4ms, and that's a still a bit much fuel with decent ICP at 750 some odd rpm no load.

Or just ease the ICP and so what if a little wisp of something floats past the passenger's side window every now and then....

lol.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You have to make them turn off quicker. I'd say the lag on turning off is probably north of .4ms, and that's a still a bit much fuel with decent ICP at 750 some odd rpm no load.

Or just ease the ICP and so what if a little wisp of something floats past the passenger's side window every now and then....

lol.

Basically you're correct - its all about turning the injectors on and off and having a nice usable volume of high quality injected fuel at low ICP, low PW conditions.

Oh and I agree - a bit of a wisp of fuel floating in the air doesn't matter in the least to me - as long as I am actually capable of making good power when I ask it to happen. BUT - being able to better control that fuel will give me bonus points when I crack 1K rwhp on fuel and then proceed to hook the truck up to the 36' gooseneck with the "backup" truck on the trailer and go home. LOL

Charles

Reaction score
Another quick question. With it hazing at a idle will that wash the cylinders out?

Never had any indication when tearing my engine down. Walls always look new. Besides, diesel is lubricating, we have keystone rings, blah, blah, blah.

If people were going to kill the cylinders they would have done it running 466 and 530 nozzles years ago.

Latest posts

Members online