200* t-stat and billet housing?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Curious to know if it take some drive time/heat cycles for it to seat in properly? Installed it few days ago and just finally took it for a drive since installing it. Previous temps with stock t-stat were... ECT 188-192, EOT 190-195. Now with the Mishimoto 200* t-stat temps are... ECT 204-207, EOT 207-210...with outside temp today being 42*. Only have about 20 miles on the 200* t-stat

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Curious to know if it take some drive time/heat cycles for it to seat in properly? Installed it few days ago and just finally took it for a drive since installing it. Previous temps with stock t-stat were... ECT 188-192, EOT 190-195. Now with the Mishimoto 200* t-stat temps are... ECT 204-207, EOT 207-210...with outside temp today being 42*. Only have about 20 miles on the 200* t-stat
isn't the stock tstat 190°?

sounds like the 200° stat is working like it should..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

strokin6L

Reaction score
Stock is 192*. From what I've been gathering from others that have it...the temps that I'm seeing are a little hotter. My only concern is that...if these are the temps I'm seeing at 42* outside temp...what temps am I expected to see in the summer when it's 90* outside and when towing?!

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Stock is 192*. From what I've been gathering from others that have it...the temps that I'm seeing are a little hotter. My only concern is that...if these are the temps I'm seeing at 42* outside temp...what temps am I expected to see in the summer when it's 90* outside and when towing?!
well obviously they are going to be hotter.. why did you switch?

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Temps are right inline with what a thermostat of each design would produce. That miniscule change in tstat is swinging everything the wrong direction in terms of oil. If you run in 80, 90, or 100 degree weather id have stuck with oem @190ish. Modded trucks need cooling more. I have a ton of stuff done to my old turd and still run a 192 oem. There are 180s and 203s. No thanks. Oem works best.

strokin6L

Reaction score
well obviously they are going to be hotter.. why did you switch?

live life full throttle

Yes they will obviously be hotter...I know that! I decided to try the 200* high temp after seeing someone from ficmrepair.com post a video on FB about the benefits of running a higher t-stat. I'm usually a skeptic of crap like this and always call BS until I try it for myself to see. The temps that others are seeing that are running the 200* t-stat are a little lower than what ive seen so far...by about 5*. There may have been air still in the system. Plus my aluminum coolant tank hold about 1/2 gallon less than the factory one...maybe that could be the reason why my temps are higher than what everyone else is seeing with it. Only have about 20 miles on it...so I'm just gonna try driving it some more and see what happens. I'm gonna eventually install the PSP aluminum tank and get rid of the one I currently have.

Reaction score
Yes they will obviously be hotter...I know that! I decided to try the 200* high temp after seeing someone from ficmrepair.com post a video on FB about the benefits of running a higher t-stat. I'm usually a skeptic of crap like this and always call BS until I try it for myself to see. The temps that others are seeing that are running the 200* t-stat are a little lower than what ive seen so far...by about 5*. There may have been air still in the system. Plus my aluminum coolant tank hold about 1/2 gallon less than the factory one...maybe that could be the reason why my temps are higher than what everyone else is seeing with it. Only have about 20 miles on it...so I'm just gonna try driving it some more and see what happens. I'm gonna eventually install the PSP aluminum tank and get rid of the one I currently have.

Mine varies from 199-205 normal driving. 110 degree day it will hit 210-215 if I push it. Will obviously get hotter but I have my fan set at 220 so I never really see it over that.

Members online

No members online now.