2002 F-350 Rebuild/Partial Restore

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I'm trying to think of anybody that will be around. If not ill be staying down here that next weekend and maybe i can drive out and meet up with you some where and get them

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Worked long & hard yesterday & got the trans wrapped up & it shifts good. Truck started acting up after I left (how it usually always goes) & isn't hitting on all 8. Figure a UVCH either came loose or melted under the valve cover. Konnor will be the one getting his hands dirty on that one since mine are still sore from getting into a fight with his damn fiberglass heat shield last night. :cursing:

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
:doh: not having the best luck there duder...

no sir i am not. :fustrate:

Worked long & hard yesterday & got the trans wrapped up & it shifts good. Truck started acting up after I left (how it usually always goes) & isn't hitting on all 8. Figure a UVCH either came loose or melted under the valve cover. Konnor will be the one getting his hands dirty on that one since mine are still sore from getting into a fight with his damn fiberglass heat shield last night. :cursing:

yeah the fiberglass won on that one. not the first time ive had to tear the valve covers off on this thing.

the way this is going this will be me at the end of the night tonight. :blitzed:

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
newest mod, the 50 cent mod :D. Big thanks to Bryan for the UVCH's (oneofakindsd). Got the driver side done so far starting on the passenger side in a minute.

IMAG0560.jpg

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
can you explain what you did there to the uvch?

Well if you've had your uvch's off before, you know that the clip is kind of easy to get off. Well turns out, a quarter is the perfect thickness to work as a shim. So what I did was cut some of the quarter off (have to to fit the valve cover on right) then you plug in the harness and slip the quarter under the clip. The quarter holds the clip up perfectly so it can't un plug itself.
Here are a few pics of my garage set up. Finally getting it set up good.
IMAG0561.jpg

IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0564.jpg

New harness in place
IMAG0563.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Glad the big ole billy mobile runs & drives again. Your welcome for all the help Konnor, I'm glad we got everything knocked out with minimal issues.

It felt so good to be driving it again. It's like a new truck with that new trans. I love it. And I am glad I had your help through the whole process. You and bryan saved my ass!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online