2002 F-350 Rebuild/Partial Restore

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Well just an update. I am currently at a stand still, trans went out on the truck so i am currently trying to find a good replacement. Most likely going to be getting an ATS from hotrodtractor. Bad news is that because of this who knows when the paint work will be taken care of. Some things came up so what little money I had after getting a trans has vanished, so hopefully by summer/fall it can get painted.

I am also selling my Glowshifts and getting some Autometer Gauges, and I am also going to be sending my chip off for a reburn, where i am undecided but i am torn between Gearhead and Tyrant.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
newest paint scheme idea.
BlackGraytopSide.jpg

mirrors will be black i cant make it look right with photochop.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Isnt it black now? Cant tell by your avatar.

Anyway, that black would be really sharp. Or maybe flat black would be nice. Either gloss or flat black are my votes. Try a photoshot of the flat black. It might look better than I'm picturing it.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Well I can't stress enough how thankful I am to of had Cat_Rebel helping me out. I definitely learned alot today and i appreciate all his help. Also thanks to oneofakindsd for the trans jack :D.

Between last night and this morning i got my mirrors painted:
IMAG0534.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

Coat 1 of Primer
IMAG0532.jpg

Coat 2 of Primer
IMAG0535.jpg

Base coat 1
IMAG0536.jpg

Base coat 2
IMAG0537.jpg

After a coat of clear coat
IMAG0538.jpg

Matches Pretty good i think
IMAG0539.jpg

IMAG0540.jpg

Now for the fun part:
Old trans out:
IMAG0542.jpg

ATS up on the jack
IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0544.jpg

Getting it lined up
IMAG0545.jpg

Supported under its own weight
IMAG0548.jpg

IMAG0549.jpg

Her current state:
IMAG0550.jpg

Again big thanks to Hotrodtractor and 01dmax for the trans, Cat_Rebel for the help and instruction, and OneofakindSD for the trans jack. Without these guys this wouldn't be possible for me.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Glad we got the old one out & new one in. Wish we would have got further but the weather wasn't in our favor & I don't like to rush last min builds. Once the T case is on it's just all little b!tch work to wrap it up & make it driveable again.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Glad we got the old one out & new one in. Wish we would have got further but the weather wasn't in our favor & I don't like to rush last min builds. Once the T case is on it's just all little b!tch work to wrap it up & make it driveable again.

Yes sir. Should be done Friday no problem

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Looking good Konner, BTW, I will be in Lima on Saturday... you going to be around or you going to be home in MI?

I am going to be at home. Gotta finish up my trans and do a wheel bearing on half ton dodge.

Looking good bud. BTW, where did you get the clear lens covers for your mirrors?

They came with them. They are Recon though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.