2002 F-350 Rebuild/Partial Restore

Mcm7.3

Reaction score
just came across this and read evry page. great build and awesome looking truck :thumbsup:

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
just came across this and read evry page. great build and awesome looking truck :thumbsup:

thanks man! shes getting there!

The rims are going to be getting powdercoated soon. i am thinking of doing a "mirror silver" bottom coat to give it some shine, then some type of a black on the face of the rim, and leave the flat part of the holes the mirror silver. just something different than the normal black rims.

Mcm7.3

Reaction score
that should look really good. i thought about painting my stock rims black leaving the bullet holes silver like your talking about to run in the winter. im gettn ready to do the 05-07 conversion and was curious about the top valance. does yours have the absorber pad or is it even needed? also which headlight conversion harness did u use from pure diesel?

Last edited:

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
that should look really good. i thought about painting my stock rims black leaving the bullet holes silver like your talking about to run in the winter. im gettn ready to do the 05-07 conversion and was curious about the top valance. does yours have the absorber pad or is it even needed? also which headlight conversion harness did u use from pure diesel?

You need a complete upper valance, absorber pad and all. And I'm not sure what SmokinStroke used for his headlights, but this is what I'm using and would recommend Headlight Conversion Harness

TrailerHauler

Reaction score

When I ordered my harness it was on back order, so they sent me those pig tails and the 9008 side of the connector ended up melting. I don't know why it did it, but I've used those little pig tail connectors on other trucks without problems. And the conversion harness is a nice piece as well for a little more money.

Mcm7.3

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. my upper valnce came with the absorber pad on it i forgot i ordered it that way :doh: . and sorry wasnt trying to hijack your thread just thought id ask since you already had it done

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. my upper valnce came with the absorber pad on it i forgot i ordered it that way :doh: . and sorry wasnt trying to hijack your thread just thought id ask since you already had it done

Not a problem!! Feel free to ask any more questions or shoot me a pm!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
a573c8ed.jpg
new bed will be on this weekend and it will get the cab corner soon hopefully!

Zaairman

Reaction score
Time for an evening with a 12 pack, a cupped wire wheel on the angle grinder, a few cans of rust stopping primer, and some undercoating.

IMAG0020.jpg

Also, you might want to look into doing the cab corners before you put the bed on, since the bed has to come off to do them. My bed will be coming off in the next few months to do them.

Tonka350

Reaction score
hey Konnor, if you already ordered harnesses for the headlights ( I don't remember ) go online and just buy the pigtails, it cost me 20 bucks shipped for both harnesses and adapted them right to the stock wiring....truck's comin along nicely, how's the OBS comin?

Chad

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Time for an evening with a 12 pack, a cupped wire wheel on the angle grinder, a few cans of rust stopping primer, and some undercoating.

IMAG0020.jpg

Also, you might want to look into doing the cab corners before you put the bed on, since the bed has to come off to do them. My bed will be coming off in the next few months to do them.

I have to put the bed on to bring it to Ohio to get the cab corner done so I just going to put 4 bolts in the bed.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
hey Konnor, if you already ordered harnesses for the headlights ( I don't remember ) go online and just buy the pigtails, it cost me 20 bucks shipped for both harnesses and adapted them right to the stock wiring....truck's comin along nicely, how's the OBS comin?

Chad

Yea I got those long ago. But it's coming along nicely alot faster than the super duty. A lot of people have what I need laying around.

Latest posts

Members online