2005 Axle Swap

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Funny you had to do rear axle bracket work. I could swear all heavy duty full size rigs use the same dimension rear springs 1980-2007. When I lifted my '84 bronco, and converted it to power stroke. the lift springs I used were off of an '05 F-350, and aside from needing the bolt holes enlarged (1/2 tons & broncos use smaller eyelets) the springs bolted right in.

i didnt have to use the SD hangers, mine needed replaced so instead of buying factory OBS ones i used the SD ones. if i kept the OBS ones all i had to do was drill the hole bigger for the spring bolt

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Haha off topic but if you stopped at the blind horse you were in my kneck of the woods glad you enjoyed it lol

i know there is two of them, i went to the one aroung greenville/spartensburg. i did love it tho, i have never been to a honkey tonk like that b4. it was awesome. that bad thing was we mised jamie johnson playing there the weekend b4. its carzy how big bands just have a concert in a bar... up here they have to do it in a n arena

Lowdown89

Reaction score
haha yeah thats the one near me, and its funny you say jamie johnson because last year my wifes friend who works for BMI in Nashville was dating him and i know i know most people will call BS but she had him and some of his band memebers over to her parents house here in greenville for supper so the night before my wedding me and my buddy my wife and her friend are all sitting around the table eating lasagna with him LOL he was pretty messed up after breaking his finger and drinking the pain away HAHA but we got to hang out for a few hours with him, he was a lot shorter in person but he acts like the same guy you see on stage laid back and just a real cool dude

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
that is funny. it was kinda a guys trip down there but when i take my wife down south on a road trip i will not be taking her there. i have a buddy thay lives in greenville and works for BMW and thats where we were staying while down there. he was tellin me since its getting cold out the chicks are just packing in there. i would love to go back. and when you ride the bull down there its a challange. not like the girly bulls thay have uphere. i couldnt say on dow there for ten seconds, up here i can get a standing ovation on how long i can stay on. hahahaha

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Haha I used to work out at BMW as well for a re work company for 5 years until they had problems and lost their contact.... I live about 20 minutes from the blind horse so next time you come down this way holler maybe we can grab some food or something, always nice to meet other army members!

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
got some more pics finially... thay are horriable. gonna get a few more on sunday when i work on it
OUT WITH THE OLD

13d1311388735-05-axle-swap-novice-attempt-dscn0517.jpg

the super duty frame ready for the scrap yard tomorrow morning. so glas i got a tourch

15d1311389055-05-axle-swap-novice-attempt-dscn0527.jpg

IN WITH THE NEW, not where its gonna sit. my blocks are right where the radius arm is gonna go. dont wanna move them back due to im afraid its gonna teider on the front heavy engine. gonna have to block it up on the front horns

16d1311389301-05-axle-swap-novice-attempt-dscn0518.jpg

another shot

17d1311389484-05-axle-swap-novice-attempt-dscn0524.jpg

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
yes it was..... just got finished up a few weeks b4 that. didnt win any awards tho. they must not have relized what they were looking at. hahaha. it rides like a brand new truck. if you have rode in any newer truck 05+ thats what it rides like. itsawesome. where on the eastern shore do you live??

Gootee

Reaction score
I thought so. I saw it and that was the first thing I noticed. Very pretty truck! That's awesome man, I'd love to do it if I could gather everything up. I'm in Dorchester county, town called Cambridge. Is Cecil big? I'll be up to Marty's here soon I make my way up there a bit

Last edited:

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
i havnt stoppedin at martys yet.... i PMed hin about stoppin in somethime to chitchat. his shop is really just a old garage at his house. nothin fancy.

Gootee

Reaction score
Haha no I know, I've been there way too much. I'll be there probably this week. When I head up there I'll shoot you a pm. I'd like to check it out.

Gootee

Reaction score
I may have missed it but about how high is it? I'd line to do the same but keep my height. Or if you could measure center of hub to the top of the wheel well where the chrome trim would be would be awesome

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
It would set lower than what you truck looks like now.

Measureing hub to wheel well on a 2.5" kit on 34" tires is 26-26.25"

We have kits available for additional lift up to 8"+

Cary

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.