2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

jcain

Reaction score
Am I retarded? The dyno chart says the stock turbo made 427/825 not 426/725. So you gained 71hp and 78tq. Still considerable, but not 178 as claimed.

e6e7avu4_1.jpg

HPGod

Reaction score
What point are you making? 903-825=78. The post that originally included the chart claimed it gained 178tq?

jcain

Reaction score
I was making it clear for some people that get confused with dynos that have multiple runs overlayed

Reaction score
Just an update on this. The truck has been running without a hitch (on canned tunes) ever since we installed it and dyno'd it last summer.

The owner went out of town and I convinced him to leave it with me (didn't take much convincing) so we could test out some retrofit tunes and live tune it.

All I can say is this thing responds so much better with proper 2015 turbo maps and duty cycle.

Doubt it makes anymore power at wot. But it has a lot more useable power and driveability like it should if it came with a 2015 turbo from the factory.

So for anyone running a 2015 turbo retro kit, and not quite happy with the response or not really sure what to expect I did a little video. Shows spool up while cruising and a punch from a dig.

http://youtu.be/cDYEFSI7Zfc

Also the unique sound that these things make!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Just an update on this. The truck has been running without a hitch (on canned tunes) ever since we installed it and dyno'd it last summer.

The owner went out of town and I convinced him to leave it with me (didn't take much convincing) so we could test out some retrofit tunes and live tune it.

All I can say is this thing responds so much better with proper 2015 turbo maps and duty cycle.

Doubt it makes anymore power at wot. But it has a lot more useable power and driveability like it should if it came with a 2015 turbo from the factory.

So for anyone running a 2015 turbo retro kit, and not quite happy with the response or not really sure what to expect I did a little video. Shows spool up while cruising and a punch from a dig.

http://youtu.be/cDYEFSI7Zfc

Also the unique sound that these things make!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truck runs great, put your seat belt on!

14ccd

Reaction score
Holy crap, that thing shot to 60 in a blink. I can't wait till my turbo goes bad.

14ccd

Reaction score
As I am in the market now for a '15 upgrade, I just want to know if everyone is happy with their '15 swap and have you had any issues?

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
As I am in the market now for a '15 upgrade, I just want to know if everyone is happy with their '15 swap and have you had any issues?

Now that I have the tunes I like I am happy with my streetmax. Power is there and so is fuel economy. Only issue I had is a busted O ring on the heater core tube and had coolent in my valley but I'm sure that was my fault not being carful putting it back in. Did I mention this turbo just sings at 6psi and above!

14ccd

Reaction score
I will be ordering the Tow Max, I am looking for reliability more than power although more power is welcome. I will also be doing the deletes as well since i am in there. Did you do the work yourself and if so, how long did it take you?

Latest posts

Members online