2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

B585Ford

Reaction score
A buddy of mine was telling me the other day about what they are doing with their duramaxs (I know, its a bad word). They are removing their CP4s and swapping a CP3 retrofit kit in its place. He was saying this not only helps towards more performance as it flows a higher volume (lower overall pressure though), but also the pump is a lot more reliable. Plus if they let go, they dont take out all the injectors like a CP4 does. Has anyone thought of doing a CP3 retrofit kit for our trucks? Or is just moding a CP4 going to be the standard other than duel fuelers?

I thought size was an issue for trying to swap a CP3 in the valley cause you wouldn't be able to use the cover that comes on it. I am definitely not an expert on 6.7s though.

Reaction score
A buddy of mine was telling me the other day about what they are doing with their duramaxs (I know, its a bad word). They are removing their CP4s and swapping a CP3 retrofit kit in its place. He was saying this not only helps towards more performance as it flows a higher volume (lower overall pressure though), but also the pump is a lot more reliable. Plus if they let go, they dont take out all the injectors like a CP4 does. Has anyone thought of doing a CP3 retrofit kit for our trucks? Or is just moding a CP4 going to be the standard other than duel fuelers?

It won't fit. Physically not enough room.

And why do you think it will not trash injectors? That would make it different from every other commonrail pump in existence. Which a cp3 is not.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well.. Again, Im interesting in your 25% increase pump your going to be putting out.

Does anyone monitor fuel temperature. Im just curious about the guys with dual fuelers and what their temperatures are like if any increase at all.

Fox

Reaction score
coolant lines or oil lines?

live life full throttle

Both, the fittings were used on the oil line from the pedestal and into the top of the turbo. as well as on the coolant return line at the top of the turbo, so there's three of them total.

Reaction score
It won't fit. Physically not enough room.

And why do you think it will not trash injectors? That would make it different from every other commonrail pump in existence. Which a cp3 is not.

Gotcha, I guess the pump you are coming out with is going to be the way to go then! And he was the one who mentioned when they let go they don't take out injectors. My fault for taking his word on it though. Until he said that I thought it was the nature of common rail when the pump fails, but not been around duramaxs or cp3s as none of my powerstrokes ever had one to counter him. My bad man!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Depends on all what you are looking for on a 11 your looking at about 25% over stock so thats a decent gain and a new pump which could be good. The cost would be (just guessing) half of dual fuelers.

Dual fuelers also wont pass tech for work stock classes

But for most people looking to do 2015 turbos or upgraded 15 turbos and a little more fuel for say 550 hp this would be about what everyone is looking for.
10-4. thanks D.
depending on injector choices, the hs dual fueler kit will make 1000 all day long. the 4.2 will handle 540 , and the cp3 will handle more.
is that remotely possible with a single charger? not streetable I would assum?
Yeah, but with a 2015 charger 1000hp worth of fuel will be a giant waste. Some people want a simple drop in.

And any cp4/cp3 dual fueler will give you the same 1000 hp capability.

And there will be core charge on all these pumps. They will all be built from new/reman Bosch. But they still have a core charge attached. Bosch still wants their piece of the pie. We are not doing an industrial injection taking customers pumps, stroking them, slap them back together and call them "new".
so regardless there will be a core charge even if we couldnt send in our stocker as a core?

live life full throttle

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
If you have a 15 core, he'll take it... you can't apply an 11-14 core towards these pumps as they are built out of new 15 pumps, so it's either turn in a 15 pump or pay the core charge

Buck1

Reaction score
Just put a 15 pump on my truck this weekend. Doesn't drop rail press anymore with same tuning. Changed rear tires as well so SOP has to be recalibrated. Took about 3 hrs as Morgan eluded to earlier. Bought mine from Ford with my discount, I was well South of a grand.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reaction score
whats on my 12?

live life full throttle

All 6.7's run cp4.2's. They are all the same. The only difference is a slightly larger output on the 2015 version.

Our has custom part inside to make it what it is. And unlike the other company that makes a modded cp4, our will be reliable because we did not go too far. Just enough to make a honest 650. But my guess is that theirs would not measure 55% larger...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
All 6.7's run cp4.2's. They are all the same. The only difference is a slightly larger output on the 2015 version.

Our has custom part inside to make it what it is. And unlike the other company that makes a modded cp4, our will be reliable because we did not go too far. Just enough to make a honest 650. But my guess is that theirs would not measure 55% larger...
cool.. thanks man!

live life full throttle

HPGod

Reaction score
Well. The dyno showed what I was hoping. Made 426/725 stock charger, without changing tune or any other parts besides the turbo kit with billet charger (didn't even clean the s&b) it made 496/903.

Extremely happy with those numbers.

71 hp and 178 ftlb gain with no other modification!

e6e7avu4.jpg

http://youtu.be/hjU3VQwNvI8

Am I retarded? The dyno chart says the stock turbo made 427/825 not 426/725. So you gained 71hp and 78tq. Still considerable, but not 178 as claimed.

Latest posts

Members online