2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
http://www.hsperformance.com/ford-6-7l-powerstroke-dyno-results/

Let me know what I am missing here. Looking above at the sheet they are even using a mustang Dyno to boot?

I tend to believe in "simulated" dynos more so which also tend to read lower but generally mustang dynos fall into that category. Just curious what makes the Dyno you guys use that much different?

You ever see the guy standing at the computer? Any dyno operator can make it say whatever they want...Even between runs on the exact same truck.

You can even test a turbo loose HP and write a lovely article telling the world how much HP it gained.

NotQuik

Reaction score
Because they are trying to sell their tuners with those numbers. I really do not care what the overall number is. All that matters is what the power gains from the modifications were.

I can not stress to you guys enough, a dyno is just a tuning tool. You cannot compare readings from one dyno to another. 100hp difference on the same truck just different dynos is nothing uncommon.

I will guarantee that h&s put up some very nice corrected numbers to make that happen.

We are not using a parts selling dyno (aka, what we call dynos calibrated to liberally show how much hp your truck makes after we worked on it. A feel good dyno).

Lots of others dyno in the low to mid 400's.

I completely respect that outlook and agree 100% especially with dynos being tuning tools. I've been in the mustang game for years and still am. In that world the track numbers tell all when everything is said and done. Not many race their trucks so it's a bit different here. Like I said, the gains are great. I get the apples to apples (as much as you can rule out other variables) test you all did and agree with the gains. I apologize if I came off wrong about it.

I look forward to seeing future numbers...

sootie

Reaction score
I completely respect that outlook and agree 100% especially with dynos being tuning tools. I've been in the mustang game for years and still am. In that world the track numbers tell all when everything is said and done. Not many race their trucks so it's a bit different here. Like I said, the gains are great. I get the apples to apples (as much as you can rule out other variables) test you all did and agree with the gains. I apologize if I came off wrong about it.

Huh?!

Reaction score
Thanks Morgan that was exactly the info I was looking for. I was wondering if the 366 or the 15 Turbo would do that without downshifting or having to have 6th locked out.

Also the Dyno chart looked great. I'm not sure if you saw my Dyno chart I posted with Dual fuel and the stock Turbo. My Torque dropped like a rock after 1900RPM and so did the HP after 2800RPM. Your setup pulled all the way through to almost peek RPM. That is a huge gain for anyone who tows or plays hard. Great Job!

Thank you! It totally feel like a whole different truck!

497 on the Grinch is impressive! And another 70hp gain with a turbo swap for the Midwest crew :clapping:

Morgan builds it. We validate it!

Haha, thanks!

How is the '15 turbo with egt's? I have the h&s deleted '13 but am getting crazy high egts on performance mode, and looking for ways to cool it down

12-1300 WOT

The '15 turbo upgrade will help that. Billet wheeled turbo will be even better.

Yes!

You ever see the guy standing at the computer? Any dyno operator can make it say whatever they want...Even between runs on the exact same truck.

You can even test a turbo loose HP and write a lovely article telling the world how much HP it gained.

Dynos are very subjective and manipulatable.

Good thing our dyno operator is not that way. If the results would have sucked, I just wouldn't have posted anything. But that's not the case.

Thank you.

To all who have only driven a stock turbo 6.7, a turbo upgrade, whether it be a vgt, or a single kit, makes these truck a whole different animal. The '15 vgt will always be limited. But it can very well be an option for a lot of people who just want something not as slow as stock. 500-550 would be good for a lot of people.

For more power that's why we have singles, compounds and dual fuelers.

dseitler

Reaction score
How is the '15 turbo with egt's? I have the h&s deleted '13 but am getting crazy high egts on performance mode, and looking for ways to cool it down

I'm not sure what you think is High? When I ran the stock turbo with dual fuel pumps I never saw above 1550 racing of pulling my Ranger Bass boat which weights around 6000lbs. I ran SPE and GearHead with that setup and never hit the alarm. FWIW

straggleweed

Reaction score
try a different pyro from the dpf.. mine was all over the place and it would cruise at 1000 degrees.. put a different pyro in there and im back to normal cruising at about 700

Latest posts

Members online