2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Well. The dyno showed what I was hoping. Made 426/725 stock charger, without changing tune or any other parts besides the turbo kit with billet charger (didn't even clean the s&b) it made 496/903.

Extremely happy with those numbers.

71 hp and 178 ftlb gain with no other modification!

Same truck used for the baseline dyno pull?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
That is a great gain. Now, if you could clear something up for me or maybe I'm misunderstanding or misreading something...but I have noticed some deleted 6.7's with nothing more than a hot tune, deleted, cai, dp back exhaust are claiming 490-500 rwhp and 1000+ rwtq. I'm assuming they are using an unloaded Dyno to inflate these numbers or is the truck above not running a very aggressive tune? I'm assuming you're using a loaded Dyno as well?

I'm new to the 6.7 world from the 6.0 world so bare with me if you would. ;-)

It is just a dyno that breaks people hopes and dreams.

Sent from my I fone 5

jcain

Reaction score
dyno`ing on two separate days, let alone a month or more, is about useless too, if conditions aren't near identical.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It actually looks to me like you guys might have left a little power on the table not running the dyno out all the way to closer to 4K RPM, the graph is still going up. THe other noteable thing is the the power under the curve, meaining look how smooth it is and how it never really falls off esp up top like the stock charger.

Thanks for the hard work morgan, thats a considerable upgrade, i bet with some tuning you might squeeze some more out of it.

Reaction score
The 61 tow max should be in the 550-600hp range with fuel?

No, like stated above. Stock cast '15 I would say is capable of 500hp max towmax vgt would be 525 ish tops, but this is all a guess.

:ford: How much do you think is left in the '15 turbo? Dual fuel would be overkill?

Stock '15 turbo will be nearly maxed out on stock fuel as will the billet version. The billet will make more power than a stock '15 charger. There will be some more dyno runs with other trucks I'm sure.

That is a great gain. Now, if you could clear something up for me or maybe I'm misunderstanding or misreading something...but I have noticed some deleted 6.7's with nothing more than a hot tune, deleted, cai, dp back exhaust are claiming 490-500 rwhp and 1000+ rwtq. I'm assuming they are using an unloaded Dyno to inflate these numbers or is the truck above not running a very aggressive tune? I'm assuming you're using a loaded Dyno as well?

I'm new to the 6.7 world from the 6.0 world so bare with me if you would. ;-)

I've never seen a true stock turbo 6.7 make over 440-450 tops on this dyno. In fact the highest hp 6.7 with a stock turbo was a brand new truck with 3000 miles on it made 445.

Same truck used for the baseline dyno pull?

Same truck, same tune, same tires, same dyno, same everything, except for the turbo kit and the day. In fact it was less than 5* difference in temp.

It is just a dyno that breaks people hopes and dreams

Yes it is a heart breaker. 300hp tuned 6.4 is lucky to make 550.

Yes otherwise the info would be useless.

We made it as fair as we possibly could. I wanted to see the gains as much as anyone.

dyno`ing on two separate days, let alone a month or more, is about useless too, if conditions aren't near identical.

There are so many factors into this. But since it is useless then tell me how much variance you really think there is to discredit these readings? Short of a climate controlled dyno wtf else could we do?

I know, I believe all dyno graphs.

The question is do you believe this one? Do you think we made imaginary graphs for internet purposes?

Come on guys..... Grasping for straws here aren't we?

Like I said there was only two variables changed here, the turbo, and the day.

Tadd and Wayne dyno'd dozens of turbos over a month or more on Wayne's truck. Is that any different?

We did everything we could to be as fair as possible. I spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours going to a reliable accurate dyno, 2.5 hours away just to get good info.

I guess we should just release products for sale that have to testing, never been installed or ran, with no back to back before and after testing........ Instead let use the "it's better, take my word on it" approach?

Lololololololol, take the info however you like. I know it is true. If not, I suggest someone go spend the time and money to prove me wrong.... Please...

Last edited:
Reaction score
He's being sarcastic lol

I'm just happy it didn't blow up!!!

Haha, when is he not? Me too, especially since it isn't mine.

It actually looks to me like you guys might have left a little power on the table not running the dyno out all the way to closer to 4K RPM, the graph is still going up. THe other noteable thing is the the power under the curve, meaining look how smooth it is and how it never really falls off esp up top like the stock charger.

Thanks for the hard work morgan, thats a considerable upgrade, i bet with some tuning you might squeeze some more out of it.

Thanks!

Yeah, it might have. But it was dropping rail bad. Idk if that's all tune related but it was at 17k at the end of the pull.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No, like stated above. Stock cast '15 I would say is capable of 500hp max towmax vgt would be 525 ish tops, but this is all a guess.

Stock '15 turbo will be nearly maxed out on stock fuel as will the billet version. The billet will make more power than a stock '15 charger. There will be some more dyno runs with other trucks I'm sure.

I've never seen a true stock turbo 6.7 on a real dyno make over 440-450 tops on this dyno. In fact the highest hp 6.7 with a stock turbo was a brand new truck with 3000 miles on it made 445.

Same truck, same tune, same tires, same dyno, same everything, except for the turbo kit and the day. In fact it was less than 5* difference in temp.

Yes it is a heart breaker. 300hp tuned 6.4 is lucky to make 550.

We made it as fair as we possibly could. I wanted to see the gains as much as anyone.

There are so many factors into this. But since it is useless then tell me how much variance you really think there is to discredit these readings? Short of a climate controlled dyno wtf else could we do?

The question is do you believe this one? Do you think we made imaginary graphs for internet purposes?

Come on guys..... Grasping for straws here aren't we?

Like I said there was only two variables changed here, the turbo, and the day.

Tadd and Wayne dyno'd dozens of turbos over a month or more on Wayne's truck. Is that any different?

We did everything we could to be as fair as possible. I spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours going to a reliable accurate dyno, 2.5 hours away just to get good info.

I guess we should just release products for sale that have to testing, never been installed or ran, with no back to back before and after testing........ Instead let use the "it's better, take my word on it" approach?

Lololololololol, take the info however you like. I know it is true. If not, I suggest someone go spend the time and money to prove me wrong.... Please...

I love your excitement for this, you will soon learn its all a waste LOL can't please everyone but i think you have brought enough info in to help people make a good decision on what turbo they should go with. I think considering how bad the stock turbo is this is a great upgrade for people who have already blown a stock charger and want something tow ready and very reliable. People like me really. I would run one with the DPF still on but thats me.

Nice work again buddy. Dont get to worked up. Tadd went thru the same **** on thier turbo testing, sometimes hardwork just isnt enough for people.

FWIW my truck did 406 stock charger dpf still in place on the race setting. so 430 or 440 without the DPF seams legit.

Reaction score
When I release the cast kit the billet will be for sale. All the kits will be cast until ordered as billet. Then we will build the charger. I am short on turbos as ford is slow getting them all to me. So I don't want to tie up a billet charger when someone wants cast. Once they are easier to get I will try and make stock on both styles.

Reaction score
I love your excitement for this, you will soon learn its all a waste LOL can't please everyone but i think you have brought enough info in to help people make a good decision on what turbo they should go with. I think considering how bad the stock turbo is this is a great upgrade for people who have already blown a stock charger and want something tow ready and very reliable. People like me really. I would run one with the DPF still on but thats me.

Nice work again buddy. Dont get to worked up. Tadd went thru the same **** on thier turbo testing, sometimes hardwork just isnt enough for people.

FWIW my truck did 406 stock charger dpf still in place on the race setting. so 430 or 440 without the DPF seams legit.

Haha, no hard feelings here at all. If this was in person you would see that I'm as calm as a person could be. Just how I explain myself.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well. The dyno showed what I was hoping. Made 426/725 stock charger, without changing tune or any other parts besides the turbo kit with billet charger (didn't even clean the s&b) it made 496/903.

Extremely happy with those numbers.

71 hp and 178 ftlb gain with no other modification!

e6e7avu4.jpg

http://youtu.be/hjU3VQwNvI8

did you slap mcglothlin around for me ?

Latest posts

Members online