2013 Turbo Testing MPD HTT367 Info

dseitler

Reaction score
Nope just Palm Beach International Raceway. Same weekend as the Gator Nationals in Gainesville, FL so not sure about the turn out. Last time I heard 116 trucks registered but our crew was out of town working so I'm not sure. Should be a good time. I'm looking forward to the 22nd all day event. More time to get ready and change things. Miami crews are coming with a couple of 10 second trucks to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
e457fff594fb027cb692c396290a848a.jpg

At Palm Beach International Raceway tonight Test & Tune was able to only make 3 passes with the new 420's. Ended up dropping the air down to 41 before we we able go get a good hookup. Think we're there now. Be ready for Saturday night. Shut us down earlier than expected.

dseitler

Reaction score
Ran at the track tonight the best we could pull off was a 13.8 with 60ft times at 2.56 it was terrible in the launch department. Truck ran great as soon as I was past that in fact now in not sure what Tune I was running when we had the 12.9 run and backed it up twice with two consecutive 12.6 runs. Did not have the right laptop with us to change Tunes. Will make sure I have everything with us on the 22nd. Had a great time well over 100 trucks probably more like 150. For you that have Instagram it's all over it. Some amazing trucks there tonight.

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
Your right. I usually start at first light after the other side has already staged and come in late with boost. I was sleeping.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Same race but the view from the GoPro. If you turn the sound up you can clearly here the 4-5 shift sound that everyone talks about in case you never heard it before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t9n0D6o4Pk

Great Vids. It's funny how one develops the sixth sense to pick up the sound of that notorious 4-5 shift squall. I then noticed after the fact that you mentioned this. Aside from the launch you pulled hard on that pass! Truck sounds awesome too!

dseitler

Reaction score
Had a Great time at PBIR this weekend and set a personal best 12.67 but thought I might have done better with the 420's. Race temps in the high 80's but might have to change things up a bit to get better ET's. With a RT of .027 doesn't leave much doubt time to change it up a little. Went head to head twice with a modified 6.4 from Powerstroke Performance out of Miami FL who got me both time by .107 and .119..... When we raced we ran a 12.9 and a 12.8. I could not pull off the 12.6 in the afternoon. Sorry 6.7 fans! Now that's Racing! Had a good turn out. Here's a few video's

12.67 Solo Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaJ79n0iqwM

6.7 vs 6.4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OdYYG9TkQA

dseitler

Reaction score
I don't remember which one they told me was more accurate so I'll just give you the numbers. It's 8350 Certified Race Weight with 12.67 @ 106.39. I'll go with the lessor number @ 671HP Flywheel. When we did the Dyno back in December I was still running in the 13's and we did 643HP @ 1205 TQ. So I'm not sure about the numbers. We are about to change things up and stay with the stock bottom end and change some pumps around and some big Tune changes. I'm getting board. Still waiting on the 69mm before I make another Turbo swap.

gfulton

Reaction score
Not to derail your thread but I've been talking to Tadd about a 3794 w/68 mm billet wheel. He says spoolup should be simuliar with about 60 additional horses....What are your thoughts?? This should put me high in the 600s....

dseitler

Reaction score
Sorry Gary I just can't sign off on that one. I would much rather you go with one of his Precision setups if you want to go to 600+. We tried every Tune out there with the 3794 and the 4094 and it was rough. Go with the non-VGT and Tadd knows how to Tune your truck. Tell him to send you Tune DS106 it's life changing after the 3794. Sell that 3794 to the 6.6 Duramax guys you will get all your money back and you'll be happy. Sure that's not what you want to here but I'll give it to you straight from experience.

Latest posts

Members online