2014 6.7...what tuner/tunes?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Got a buddy who has a '14 6.7 with 5" exhaust and dpf delete and egr delete. He's running a H&S mini max with canned/generic tunes that came on it. He just called me up and said he wants some more out of it. I'm a 6L guy...don't know too much about the 6.7's. Is the H&S mini max fine and just get custom tunes? If so...who does custom tunes for the mini max? Or get something else such as a SCT with custom tunes? which is better? He also mentioned something about maybe upgrading nozzles and turbo. Any suggestions about a certain nozzle size and a turbo upgrade for it? He's like to be a good 600hp he said.

strokin6L

Reaction score
With what little reading I've done so far on the 6.7 aftermarket upgrades....it seems as if the fueling is there to make 600hp. So would the factory fuel system(injectors, pumps) be fine making 600hp with custom tunes? Would he be fine just doing something like MPD's turbo kit and custom tunes with what he's done so far...or is there some other things that should be done?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
With what little reading I've done so far on the 6.7 aftermarket upgrades....it seems as if the fueling is there to make 600hp. So would the factory fuel system(injectors, pumps) be fine making 600hp with custom tunes? Would he be fine just doing something like MPD's turbo kit and custom tunes with what he's done so far...or is there some other things that should be done?

fueling is there for 550 max. needs an extra cp3 to go anything more. injectors are good to over 700. minimaxx chris.

strokin6L

Reaction score
OK cool! Is it a PITA to convert his minimax with generic tunes and put custom tunes on it? If fuel is there for 550hp and injectors are good for 700hp...he'll probably just do custom tunes and a turbo kit for now. What's all involved for putting custom tunes on his minimax? And how much for like 3 custom tunes...probably a tow, street and race? Thanks Mike!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
OK cool! Is it a PITA to convert his minimax with generic tunes and put custom tunes on it? If fuel is there for 550hp and injectors are good for 700hp...he'll probably just do custom tunes and a turbo kit for now. What's all involved for putting custom tunes on his minimax? And how much for like 3 custom tunes...probably a tow, street and race? Thanks Mike!

just an MCC license for $300, then the tunes for $250 . as for turbokit, email me and I can help him get where he wants to be.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Thanks buddy! I'll relay him the info and let ya know! Really appreciate the help! I'm sure myself or him will be in touch with ya. How much HP does a 6.7 normally make with just an exhaust with dpf delete, egr delete, and custom tunes? Just so he has an idea of where he's at now.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks buddy! I'll relay him the info and let ya know! Really appreciate the help! I'm sure myself or him will be in touch with ya. How much HP does a 6.7 normally make with just an exhaust with dpf delete, egr delete, and custom tunes? Just so he has an idea of where he's at now.

stock height, 2011-12 seem to be 475-490 2013+ seem to be 450

strokin6L

Reaction score
He said he got the exhaust, egr delete and mini max from SPE....i'm assuming Snyder Performance Engineering. He said the mini max is suppose to give it another 150hp. Told me he was looking for something to give it like 250hp instead. But I told him that I didn't think there was a tuner out there that was gonna give it that much without at least doing a turbo upgrade. Can he expect noticeable HP gains by just going from generic/canned tunes to custom tunes? Mike...I saw your white 6.7 featured in Diesel World a little while back....what's all done to that to be about 600hp?

Last edited:

BK39

Reaction score
Can he expect noticeable HP gains by just going from generic/canned tunes to custom tunes?

I went from box H&S to SPE tunes. No, no huge HP gains, but I did like the change. To me, it feels like the SPE tunes fuel harder on the bottom.

Stroked777

Reaction score
You just need the MCC lisense and the tunes that's it. But you aren't gunna get much more power over stock if he doesn't upgrade the air. There are dual fueler kits out there and turbo kits to mount different turbo that the stock one which doesn't move enough air

Edit. Let me rephrase. Like mike said you can get to about 500 hp with tunes. But the turbo limits you and the high pressure fuel pump limits as well

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
He said he got the exhaust, egr delete and mini max from SPE....i'm assuming Snyder Performance Engineering. He said the mini max is suppose to give it another 150hp. Told me he was looking for something to give it like 250hp instead. But I told him that I didn't think there was a tuner out there that was gonna give it that much without at least doing a turbo upgrade. Can he expect noticeable HP gains by just going from generic/canned tunes to custom tunes? Mike...I saw your white 6.7 featured in Diesel World a little while back....what's all done to that to be about 600hp?

Elite ported intake manifolds, H&S dual pumps, HTT 365 FMW , MPD Turbo Kit , H&S Low Pressure Fuel System , CCV Delete , and im sure other stuff.

strokin6L

Reaction score
You just need the MCC lisense and the tunes that's it. But you aren't gunna get much more power over stock if he doesn't upgrade the air. There are dual fueler kits out there and turbo kits to mount different turbo that the stock one which doesn't move enough air

Edit. Let me rephrase. Like mike said you can get to about 500 hp with tunes. But the turbo limits you and the high pressure fuel pump limits as well
So nothing like the SCT? Downloading the software on the computer, getting custom tunes via email, downloading them to the tuner then to the truck? I'm sure there's a way to get them on the mini max....that's what I wanna know.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Elite ported intake manifolds, H&S dual pumps, HTT 365 FMW , MPD Turbo Kit , H&S Low Pressure Fuel System , CCV Delete , and im sure other stuff.

Thanks mike....I gave him your email and mentioned what you told me. Hopefully he will be in touch with you. Did the TS-mp8 do much on your truck? Does that do the same as Innovative Diesels Torq2 module? Im assuming the low pressure lift pump is probably a necessity? Sounds like he wants to do the turbo kit and dual fueler also.

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
No you buy it from the site, you need your vin. And then they will email you the code you put into the mini max, then down load the tune to the card. Take the card put it in a comp and email the h&s file to the tuner (Gearhead for example) he will tweak that file and then email it back to you then you instal it on the truck

Latest posts

Members online