2014 6.7L Street Truck Build

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
didn't see anything for performance?

live life full throttle

That's because I'm not going down that road just yet. We are in an "emissions state" and most of our customers are not interested in voiding their warranty, so I'm intentionally keeping it stock to evaluate upgrades that are legal and warranty friendly. I know that puts me in the minority here, but it fits our customer base.

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's because I'm not going down that road just yet. We are in an "emissions state" and most of our customers are not interested in voiding their warranty, so I'm intentionally keeping it stock to evaluate upgrades that are legal and warranty friendly. I know that puts me in the minority here, but it fits our customer base.

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

very understandable.. didnt know if you where gonna put a tune to it with everything intact or not.... that is what im interested in. i haven't read to many posts on guys tuning these trucks with all the emissions crap still on the truck as i would like to do sense i only have 10k on mine and could possibly skate around a tuner if i did have warranty issues...

live life full throttle

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Just over 200 miles on it only. Need to establish a solid baseline before I change anything. The truck is plenty quick for now, will consider tuning changes down the road after more break-in and data collection.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
This is going to be interesting. I often wonder how people can spend that much money on a truck and all just to void the warranty right out of the gate. I know for me it would be dang hard and eventually the stuff would come off but not for a long time. Like 50+k miles.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting. I often wonder how people can spend that much money on a truck and all just to void the warranty right out of the gate. I know for me it would be dang hard and eventually the stuff would come off but not for a long time. Like 50+k miles.

i only care about the warranty for the interior/exterior... play nice and they will honor that stuff.

Mpoage

Reaction score

It all just depends on the dealer. The dealer I work at has had several tuned 6.7's in for turbo problems and they were fixed no questions asked.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
i only care about the warranty for the interior/exterior... play nice and they will honor that stuff.

That's pretty much where I'm at as well, although I have yet to take another truck back to a dealership for repairs since the fiasco with my 2001 truck years ago. None the less, I've got customers that don't want to worry about their warranty and don't want a hassle if they go to the dealership...so they won't do work that they know is a problem.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Amazing what a grille change does to the look of the truck!

Before:
0001.jpg

After:
0002.jpg