2014 6.7L Street Truck Build

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'm torn now Steve...doing the grille made the headlights much less ugly.

I thought the same thing on my truck after I ptm'ed the grille shell. Then I got bored with it.... And, well you saw it at Ennis. LOL

I'll just post this so you can remember mine:
365115b6-1a2a-418b-8087-e6dbe29048ff_zpsd3a0080f.jpg

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I thought the same thing on my truck after I ptm'ed the grille shell. Then I got bored with it.... And, well you saw it at Ennis. LOL

I'll just post this so you can remember mine:
365115b6-1a2a-418b-8087-e6dbe29048ff_zpsd3a0080f.jpg

Looks good. Nothing ricer about it.

Tinting the headlights on any 6.7 is a hideous disaster.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I saw the above truck (TripleE44) in Ennis and seeing it in person is the only reason I'm still considering doing it. My issue is that I don't care for the smoked side marker. With the black wheels, it looks great, but the ONLY smoked lights on my truck will be the mirror lights and the 3rd brake light (because I hate the white lenses). Headlights and taillights stay their normal color, wheels will be polished...the smoked side marker in the headlight won't look right (at least not to me).

I'm considering just painting it red and not worrying about whether you can see the light (since it's only a marker, not a flasher). For now, I will just live with the lights the way they are and see if I find myself saying "I like them" or "I need to paint them". How I feel after looking at it for a while will make my final decision.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I will say I was very unsure how the red would look until I saw it in person. I wasn't even sure for the first week that I even liked them.

The only issue I have is the lens over the whole light has a tendency to make the color look a little dark in some lights. In direct sunlight you can tell is pretty much right on, but in the shade sometimes it can look off.

I'm considering buyin another set and having projectors and all put in at some point but for now I like the color combo.

On your truck if you were doin polished wheels, I would be doing a chrome reflector also, just so that it has some contrast in there.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I like the red. I was gonna say the only thing that would make it better would be projectors but I see you already did. Truck looked great in person buddy.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
No updated pics yet, but did some quickie lighting changes today:

- Recon Smoked Mirror Lights
- Recon Smoked 3rd Brake Light
- Retro Solutions Super Bright Reverse LEDs
- Retro Solutions LED Interior and License Plate Bulbs

Tomorrow...Retrax Pro Tonneau Cover gets installed...and we rack the truck and spend some time considering the "Lowering Options".

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Possibly in the rear...loved my Kelderman kit on my lowered dually. Front rides great now...just needs an altitude adjustment.

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Dammit!!! Why did Ford start welding the damn from leaf spring hanger so thoroughly on the 08+ trucks? The older hangers were just riveted...if I wanted to do an older style hanger and shackle drop so I could use the Kelderman kit like my old truck...I'd be in for a ton more work to get the stock hangers off. Jerks!

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Apparently my last post got lost in the hacking.

Steve...got any pictures of the finished install you can send me?

Whose rear hanger/shackle kit did you use? I checked the one I took off my old truck and Ford changed the spacing of the rivets.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Nothing "exciting", just driving it right now. Only thing done since I posted the pic of the new grille was the installation of a Retrax Pro bed cover. Haven't even had the time to wash it since we went to the NHRA race in Vegas a few weekends ago.

My 7.3L dually sold, but I have to do some work to get it ready for the new owner. After that, need to get the trans put back in the race truck and spend some time on the electronics and data logger to make sure we don't have the same problem again...and to make sure I can see what is and isn't working in my launch control setup in the logs. In short...nothing happening with the new truck because too darn much work to do on my other trucks.

I'm still trying to decide how I want to lower it...that will be the next mod to the 2014. Once it's lowered, I will measure it for the wheels and tires so I can make a final decision and get them ordered. Been researching some audio system stuff as well, just can't decide if I want to leave it alone, or start messing with it (which seems to be "never ending" once started).