2014 Sema project

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
I would only worry in a compound turbo setup. Never had problems with a single, but compounding can get it hot enough to bubble paint.

jordan572

Reaction score
Onto more contents of the kit, every piece in this kit is welded, casted, machined and finished quite nice. H&S provides all the necessary block off plates to delete the CCV canister, these machined plate utilize the stock orings/seals too. The welds on all the cold side piping are as perfect as they get, even cleaned up the inside which seems to often be overlooked. All the pedestal gaskets, clamps, and miscellaneous hardware fit their respective mounting services perfectly. While I did have the luxury of doing the install cab off I didn't have to fight fitment on one thing so far, not even a little bit. Everything dropped in borderline better than that heavy factory setup.

The pedestal drain is a beast of a piece too, along with the down pipe adapter also. No cost was spared on this setup, everything is top notch, now to get this truck back together to see how it performs. I would imagine it'll light just like the oe VGT turbo too, the turbo may not look like anything special but there was some serious efforts put into just the turbo alone.

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

Oil feed on the left, coolant on the right,
IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

Turbo oil drain,
IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

johnp115

Reaction score
Wow. Ive never paid close attention to the design of the 6.7, but i love the flip on the manifolds and keeping them as short as possible, not on the bottom side of the cylinder. Pretty smart.

Do you think that 90* angle would cause substantial air turbulence or is that just me over thinking?

vrog

Reaction score
I love this thread. You are in a league of your own with this build.

I spy some Adams quick detailer in the background. Good taste, I use that stuff on everything.!

jordan572

Reaction score
That wasn't the last you'll hear of the turbo kit, once the cab goes back on I'll get some good shots of all the charge piping along with the air filter, etc.

Next Chapter, I focused on finishing the cab. You can pretty much break this build down into a few sub assemblies. The cab, the engine/trans, box and frame. All the work on the motor, cab and most of the box are done. From here on out we'll be focusing mainly on the frame, mounting the compressor, wiring, suspension and final assembly. Still a long way to go but things I think are a little bit farther along then they look. We do have some of the major lift components I just haven't got that far in to post them yet.

Last few things to do on the body included assembling the grille, like the rest of the truck this had a little extra thrown at it. What good is a platinum grille without some rigids behind it? Those perforated grille bars scream for light bars. As usual there was a little more involved then first thought, plus these platinum grilles contain a boat load of parts. IMO this is by far the best looking grille you can get for the super duties. I am not a fan of the inserts that are on the market. This grille should look great with the headlamps in.

The lights of choice, two Rigid SR2 30'' bars. These single row light have insane output for their size. Also considering all the bars ran on this build are the 2 series they have the most intense lighting rigid offers. I'm not taking credit for the first to do this, The Diesel Cartel did this on a platinum they built over a year ago. I can't add all the hash tags about how innovate and great I am unfortunately, lol.

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

After dropping the grille in before the final assembly the top bar hit the power steering cooler. The only option was to relocate the cooler or cut up the bar, I thought about chopping up the cooling fins on the bar but I was concerned things still wouldn't clear. I chose to move the cooler, took me a decent amount of time to decide where to mount this thing. Not the absolute most ideal spot but I think it should still provide amble cooling. Only so much you can do, it was never my intention to keep this thing completely oe. When you start throwing all these parts at it things are bound to fight you.

IMG_2938.jpg

Factory cooler lines still worked, one line I cut down slightly for fitment purposes,
IMG_2939.jpg

The main mounting brackets and some of the lip on the cooler were trimmed off to provide extra clearance,
IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

With that done the grille now fit just like it did before it was modified, the final assembly pictures!

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

Last edited:

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I like that touch with the bars behind the grille. It looked awesome on the silver truck Josh did last year! Your work is awesome man, I am anticipating the completion of this truck big time! So much time and effort. Looking forward to seeing the suspension pmf built for you

jordan572

Reaction score
I like that touch with the bars behind the grille. It looked awesome on the silver truck Josh did last year! Your work is awesome man, I am anticipating the completion of this truck big time! So much time and effort. Looking forward to seeing the suspension pmf built for you

Yea thank you, looks awesome in person.

gfulton

Reaction score
I like all the pics of the truck but throw in a pic of a hot woman every once in a while........for me and the rest of the pervs..

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Those lightbars behind the grille bars should be the new standard for 6.7's. Very clean oem look and effective.

Latest posts

Members online