2015 ford key replacement

Reaction score
Long story short I lost my original key and ran over my spare one. My truck starts and works as a regular key, but my lock/unlock buttons, remote start, and panic button don't work anymore. In that case can I just order one from a aftermarket place and program and cut the key myself? Or would this have to be a dealerships job?

bluedge8

Reaction score
When I asked about one for my Transit, they said dealer only, has to be ordered with the vin# and it is cut before being sent out -laser cut and the dealers don't have the machine for it.

JMart

Reaction score
Check with your local locksmith. The dealer will always tell you dealer only but the last locksmith I worked for could do everything from the basic keys to both inside and outside "laser cut" keys and tibbe's as well. I have been out of the business for a few years but I don't think Ford has progressed that far that fast. Even back when I was in the business dealers were telling people they were the only ones that could do the keys. We could cut any key, the only problems were programming some of the BMW and Mercedes.

G Racing

Reaction score
You can get one cut anywhere that will make that key. To program it you will need both original keys. If you only have one key you can use IDS to program new keys without having the two master keys.

Reaction score
So basically can get it cut, but I'll need a dealership Ids to hook it up and reprogram the key correct? Thanks guys!

You dont have to have Ford program it. My local Ace hardware store programs our truck keys just fine. Although, I think you have to have one operational key in order for them to do it. I believe your one key would be considered operational as it does still start the truck. Worth a shot though. You can order the key through them and they program it too. But the only thing Im unsure of is whether or not your one key is considered "functioning" or not.

JMart

Reaction score
As long as it starts the truck it is considered functioning. You can get a key without a remote in most cases. It still works, the remote is programmed to a different module.

sootie

Reaction score
buy a key on ebay and take it to the dealer to get it programmed with IDS

G Racing

Reaction score
You have to have 2 keys that will start the truck to program a new one. You can have up to 8 keys. If you have only 1 key then you will need ids to program new keys.

Latest posts

Members online