2015 Water Leak Damage!

Alex340

Reaction score
I am PISSED now guys.... Truck didn't get put inside last night and didn't even get moved an inch today in service. Which is fine. Whatever. But it's raining tonight and tomorrow and guess what... It's still outside! Awesome more water damage going inside the truck. I got pics and videos of proof too. They got a earful coming their way Monday morning!! Poor customer service. I mean how hard is it to put a truck inside?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
sounds like they replacing the carpet, head liner, probably a new sub and possibly even a new back seat now.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I am PISSED now guys.... Truck didn't get put inside last night and didn't even get moved an inch today in service. Which is fine. Whatever. But it's raining tonight and tomorrow and guess what... It's still outside! Awesome more water damage going inside the truck. I got pics and videos of proof too. They got a earful coming their way Monday morning!! Poor customer service. I mean how hard is it to put a truck inside?

NOW
I would be pissed!

TO the point where theyd have to totally disassemble/fix with me there so I can make sure its done the way I want it done. Correctly.

ftast350

Reaction score
Hmm sounds like you should go to a different dealership. I had nothing but issues with the deal damn near right across the road from my house (ie. Replacing things and then I would have to come back cuz a sensor was missed or a piece of glass was broke) I now take everything to a deal that 25 min away and it's been great!
Just think now with it being outside and more water getting in they gotta spend more money fixing it!

carcare

Reaction score
It's amazing how people sometimes act like they are owed something. It's a truck . An engineered built machine. Sheet happens!! Fix it and move on w ur life. No one is perfect, no truck is perfect. FYI 50 or 60 grand is just about the norm for vehicles these days. Actually on the low side depending who u r talkin with. As an owner/mechanic of a successful auto repair shop for many years I will say u get more when being nice and stern about what u want ! Complaining or being a know it all will not fix problems. People will find a way "not" to help you. I understand it is stressful. It's a leak. Fix it. Then move on !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
I am not trying to derail this thread but I agree with Morgan (and what seems to be the OP as well). Warranty claims exist for a reason. If they can't or wont fix it after that then get mad. The majority of people seem to be getting the Walmart philosophy of one things broke just get a whole new item. Its a huge waste of money to replace an entire item if one part of it can be fixed.

To the OP...keep documenting the dealership making mistakes like leaving your truck out in the rain again. This might help if they don't fight for you or fix all the issues. Good luck on this and remwmber that you will still have an awesome truck when it's all said and done.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
OP, make sure you show that video to the service manager and the salesman who sold you the truck. I know the salesman has nothing really to do with this sort of stuff but the guy my whole family buys vehicles from will work to get stuff done for us. We are also friends with the service manager which helps as well.

morepower02

Reaction score
Maybe the shops full? Maybe they are already planning to replace the damaged interior? I an sure no one at the dealer goes to work in the morning thinking how can I piss a customer off today. I'm sure they will make it right if not take it to another dealer. As for the guys thinking he is owed a new pickup give me a break...it's a repairable item with a warranty. I have owned several things that have had issues right out of the gate. Snowmobiles,atvs,motorcycles,boats and new vehicles. Chit is man made and can have issues that's why you have a warranty.

Alex340

Reaction score
Maybe the shops full? Maybe they are already planning to replace the damaged interior? I an sure no one at the dealer goes to work in the morning thinking how can I piss a customer off today. I'm sure they will make it right if not take it to another dealer. As for the guys thinking he is owed a new pickup give me a break...it's a repairable item with a warranty. I have owned several things that have had issues right out of the gate. Snowmobiles,atvs,motorcycles,boats and new vehicles. Chit is man made and can have issues that's why you have a warranty.

No the shop isn't full at all. I'm like the 2nd truck being worked on back there. So a lot of bay doors are open. Saw it friday afternoon when I left. Yes I understand the problem is going to be fixed. But they are only making things worse by not simply pulling the truck 10 more feet up to where its inside. Kinda frustrating to see your brand new truck sit there with the damage continue while your paying $800 a month and you can't even drive it. And put in a small car for a rental. Lol. Sometimes all I can do is laugh

Alex340

Reaction score
And for the record they don't think the carpet or headliner will need to be replaced because it dried up....

morepower02

Reaction score
No offense but your 800 payment does not matter when it comes to a repair. You could have paid cash they don't care. A Focus and a f650 under warranty are equal. I know it sucks. Try to get to know the service manager and writer. Heck buy them lunch it will go along way in the relationship. Worst case find a better dealer.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
MorePower brings up a good point. I gave my service guy a bottle of Johnny Walker black the first time my truck went in for service. It went a long way as I get perks now when I bring the wife's Edge or the truck in for any service or warranty work.

I wish you the best of luck man. I hope they make it right and fix/repair any area of the cab that could have been affected by water.

Last edited:

Cknox121

Reaction score
Im guessing you took it to Fairway? Did you deal with Steve or it maybe Stephen, I forget. Funny thing is its still raining today. I would go put a tarp over it myself...:bs: Stay away from bobby jones. They had one of our work truck for 3 weeks, just to fix a 02 sensor which costs $900

Alex340

Reaction score
Im guessing you took it to Fairway? Did you deal with Steve or it maybe Stephen, I forget. Funny thing is its still raining today. I would go put a tarp over it myself...:bs: Stay away from bobby jones. They had one of our work truck for 3 weeks, just to fix a 02 sensor which costs $900

Yeah Cody I did. It's at Fairway. And it's almost 2pm today and still haven't heard a word from anyone up there. Tried calling my contact in service but got no reply. I'm about to just ride up there and find out what's going on. Wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been touched.

carcare

Reaction score
FYI we (techs) get paid warranty time on repairs like yours. And guess what, it's usually 1/2--2/3 the normal time for the same job . Maybe they are puttin it off for other quick gravy jobs. From reading this post start to finish after my rant sounds like u are getting some pretty poor customer service. Ask the service manager for his manager, and so on. Then get to the owner /CEO/ whoever. Usually they will give you a couple names by the time u make it to that point. One of the guys they advise you to talk to next up the chain will probably be the one they say not to call. He won't care , or whatever. Then I'm sure they will give u the second guy and tell u he's the one to deal with. We'll guess what, deal with the first guy. They screen for those guys and few make it to that point. That will be your best option to make stuff happen. U are dealing w service writers and employees that get paid by the hour and politics in dealers is just shy of the White House

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alex340

Reaction score
Finally going to pick the truck up tomorrow. 15 days in the shop. Andddd Ford finally came around to paying my truck payment for this month. Thought that was nice. Been a long 2 weeks but ready to get Her back!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Finally going to pick the truck up tomorrow. 15 days in the shop. Andddd Ford finally came around to paying my truck payment for this month. Thought that was nice. Been a long 2 weeks but ready to get Her back!

congrats man !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.