2016 Project - 2015+ Turbo Bolt On Compound Kit - Midwest Diesel

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
I mean, you can command substantially less fuel all you want.

The efficiency of the Precision chargers is so unbelievable its almost an insult to detune the truck so much.

But yes, you can pull things back and make them live just fine I'm sure.

I just figure rods are a safe investment for neck snapping torque in overdrive with the converter locked.

I'm putting the 80% over injectors on my desk in mine in place of the 20% here as soon as I have some free time (most likely September) and see if it'll dyno 1100 at the tire.

All I know is it feels like 750-800 currently, and its scary. I need to lower it down.

The truck with an X and an 82 was a crew cab longbed on 37s. Scary to melt the tires at 45 in that boat

Pretty much what I was getting at :thumbsup:

TrickTruck

Reaction score
GAWD this thing is awesome. So much want, so little money. {sigh, story of my life} So fantastic, my hat's off to you guys.

Wondering how the F&R end hold up to all the power? And the Tcase too. 'n driveshafts.

In my very first 4x4 we upgraded the engine first, then broke everything else (it was a 1970s Chevy pu after all - damn I'm old.)

In my 2nd 4x4 we upgraded the driveline first, then had no money for engine mods. But it was very reliable.

I'm wondering how the SD takes 3x the power it's designed for. Is it really that overbuilt? or does stuff start saying goodbye?

sootie

Reaction score
GAWD this thing is awesome. So much want, so little money. {sigh, story of my life} So fantastic, my hat's off to you guys.

Wondering how the F&R end hold up to all the power? And the Tcase too. 'n driveshafts.

In my very first 4x4 we upgraded the engine first, then broke everything else (it was a 1970s Chevy pu after all - damn I'm old.)

In my 2nd 4x4 we upgraded the driveline first, then had no money for engine mods. But it was very reliable.

I'm wondering how the SD takes 3x the power it's designed for. Is it really that overbuilt? or does stuff start saying goodbye?

king kong ran stock axles and tcase with no issues....i think its not an issue for the street.

Jomax

Reaction score
seriously? i guess i thought it was lightened up.. thats awesome!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You quoted me way to fast lol. I edited my post because I was taking about Godzilla LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You quoted me way to fast lol. I edited my post because I was taking about Godzilla LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha.. well my 13 makes well over 1200 and stock axles are just fine.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
but, if that is what it takes to destroy a sterling, id say they are built pretty well..

Meh... 685/1385 literally cleaned off 7 shafts and 4 pinions in about 4 hooks.

As far as I'm concerned, the 11+ is a better investment than the pre 2011 Sterling because of the larger pinion, but still pretty subpar.

Now the M275, is an animal. I just am not gonna put a 17 truck through hell like my previous ones to find the failure point

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Meh... 685/1385 literally cleaned off 7 shafts and 4 pinions in about 4 hooks.

As far as I'm concerned, the 11+ is a better investment than the pre 2011 Sterling because of the larger pinion, but still pretty subpar.

Now the M275, is an animal. I just am not gonna put a 17 truck through hell like my previous ones to find the failure point
i ment for the average guys.. lol

whaaaaaat? you must be getting old... . or smarter... lol

Members online

No members online now.