2017 I want attention thread.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
So that's why all of our rates are always going up...I think we should all at least get to take he boat for a spin...just sayin

Ha! I sell life insurance mostly, life has had rates be reduced over the past years for the most part. Rate increases have a lot of factors but the only thing an agent can generally do is have another carrier to move you to in home and auto, commercial, and health. And than you get into quality of carrier etc...In home and auto the cheapest carriers and the worst at paying claims. When people leave it is usually because the other agent cut the beni's to get the deal, works out great until you need it.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Have you ever met a BROKE Insurance Agent??I know of 2 that are very well off.

Most people that come into insurance don't make it. Generally if someone starts really young with not a lot of debt and lifestyle to maintain they have the best shot.

04cr450

Reaction score
I disagree. I know plenty of insurance crooks that made it well.. very well. I know insurance companies as I have dealt with many due to my business and investment homes. I jump ship constantly otherwise I get screwed on my rates. Is what it is. Insurance is a waste of course until you use it lol

BTW this is not saying you are a crook I don't know you - but in my area you guys make it big.. for a little bit of work lol guess it varies state to state as well.

Last edited:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I disagree. I know plenty of insurance crooks that made it well.. very well. I know insurance companies as I have dealt with many due to my business and investment homes. I jump ship constantly otherwise I get screwed on my rates. Is what it is. Insurance is a waste of course until you use it lol

BTW this is not saying you are a crook I don't know you - but in my area you guys make it big.. for a little bit of work lol guess it varies state to state as well.

What makes them crooks? They don't control rates or charge for time or fee based. If it is such little work and so easy you do it bitch.

04cr450

Reaction score
Lol relax. ... first, nobody works for free... everu time my salesmen comes out to my shop I promise it's not free....I'm far from a bitch,I'm very successful at business thank you. I sure as **** wasn't beating you up over your career read my post

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Lol relax. ... first, nobody works for free... everu time my salesmen comes out to my shop I promise it's not free....I'm far from a bitch,I'm very successful at business thank you. I sure as **** wasn't beating you up over your career read my post

When did I say anyone works for free? I asked what makes them crooks when they don't control the price of the product you choose to purchase.

04cr450

Reaction score
You said no charges for time or fee based. That is worked into your rate surely otherwise that person would work for free when they layout their time.
Not getting into this and don't mean to cludder up your thread. I was just stating that in my state they are crooks and you have to jump ship constantly to get the best/fair rate. Especially with commerical rates.. I originally said it is I my state I know of this other states may work differently.
Also- they do control the rates per outfit allowance, seen it and signed the docs over and over again.
Why do you bash me for my comment not directed to you but a previous post a member saying they should take you boat out etc etc? You made a laugh out of it - you could say people in my business are crooks guess what? There are.

Last edited:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
You said no charges for time or fee based. That is worked into your rate surely otherwise that person would work for free when they layout their time.
Not getting into this and don't mean to cludder up your thread. I was just stating that in my state they are crooks and you have to jump ship constantly to get the best/fair rate. Especially with commerical rates.. I originally said it is I my state I know of this other states may work differently.
Also- they do control the rates per outfit allowance, seen it and signed the docs over and over again.

It's cool I get into arguments all the time with self proclaimed insurance professionals. Truth is a client like you I would never work with I come across you all the time.

04cr450

Reaction score
Lol you far from know me then and IT would be quite the opposite in person so don't make that claim about me I have a good reputation on here and outside. Once again I am not self proclaimed insurance man- I know how my state regs work hence again why I said I'm not sure how other states work.

Last edited:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Lol you far from know me then and IT would be quite the opposite in person so don't make that claim about me I have a good reputation on here and outside. Once again I am not self proclaimed insurance man- I know how my state regs work hence again why I said I'm not sure how other states work.

Ok Yoda.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Well didn't mean to start that fiasco...

I was joking. Only reason my rates ever go up is because me heavy right foot...

I did have a garage fire a couple years ago (detached) and the fire hit the side of the house (1900's farm house). Dumb azz volunteer fire department went inside upstairs and SOAKED the entire upstairs, which all seeped through the original hardwoods and water damanged everything. Adjuster original quote was $40k lol. After months of back and forth they settled for what hey owed me. $300k+. Then they bitchd that we maxed our policy out. Well what's it there for?? All said and done after all that my house ins went from $180 to $315 a month. Said that we lost our claim free status. To me that's crooked. You penalize me for using what I pay you for every month?

Only thing left original in this house now is the studs and hardwood floors. EVERYTHING else is new.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Well didn't mean to start that fiasco...

I was joking. Only reason my rates ever go up is because me heavy right foot...

I did have a garage fire a couple years ago (detached) and the fire hit the side of the house (1900's farm house). Dumb azz volunteer fire department went inside upstairs and SOAKED the entire upstairs, which all seeped through the original hardwoods and water damanged everything. Adjuster original quote was $40k lol. After months of back and forth they settled for what hey owed me. $300k+. Then they bitchd that we maxed our policy out. Well what's it there for?? All said and done after all that my house ins went from $180 to $315 a month. Said that we lost our claim free status. To me that's crooked. You penalize me for using what I pay you for every month?

Only thing left original in this house now is the studs and hardwood floors. EVERYTHING else is new.

So you got a new house for 180$ a month...:p At least you are not living in a wet home and going bankrupt trying to fix it. The back and forth fight is BS I agree, but the insurance did what you needed it to do. Big claims make everyone's premium go up.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Yes. Your right. I just wish they would have said "due to your claim costing us $300k your rates are going up" VS some BS company line. But it's fixing to get switched over this month so hopefully it'll drop back down.

Moral of my first post is that's a bad azz truck and one HELL of a boat you got there!

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Yes. Your right. I just wish they would have said "due to your claim costing us $300k your rates are going up" VS some BS company line. But it's fixing to get switched over this month so hopefully it'll drop back down.

Moral of my first post is that's a bad azz truck and one HELL of a boat you got there!

Ha!! Home owners claims can follow you for some time but you had no choice. You should probably shop it...

Thanks!!! Taking the boat out for the first time this weekend, heading down to Lake Powell.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Switching from liberty mutual to State Farm...

6F22BF2B-4228-4866-A3E3-F9492801C7DC_zpsfyx4kp9n.png

Before

22217936-615C-417B-9399-3704DC29B940_zpsejgzngai.jpg

During the oh $hit moments (taken by a neighbor)

09EF0ED9-86D3-4B00-9004-F5C0B955E138_zpsqzdzuoha.jpg

After-house

179DEC31-3350-47EA-8A7E-964FE772D92E_zpsbxim5lme.jpg

After-garage

6E00130C-86AB-4D52-84EB-B2EB076DA8B4_zpslnawbcdl.jpg

Getting driveway prepped finally

8D3724D8-58AC-47B7-A23A-9E436C658088_zpsqoscndsc.jpg

Driveway done

C2tuck

Reaction score
God forbid it ever happen again...I'd personally go around slapping everyone's cellphones out of their hands and hand them marshmallows. It would have been 10 times faster and 10 times less headache to build it from scratch rather than rebuild it.

ferris70

Reaction score
Nice truck, did you have to send your lights off or they smoke them on the truck? I assume that is what you did to the stock LED lights.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Nice truck, did you have to send your lights off or they smoke them on the truck? I assume that is what you did to the stock LED lights.

The guy that did mine lives in Utah so I just dropped them off. Most people mail them etc. Yes he disassembled a stock set paints and reassemble.. he is doing my brothers nkw.