2017 SD 6.7 Engine Changes?

Inline6359

Reaction score
My neighbor uses his all the time just stopping unloaded....LOL

I did as well, it saves on brakes lol

As far as the 2017 I hauled with, I drove it in tow haul with the trailer empty and loaded, I did notice a big improvement with the exhaust brake over a 2016 with the same load.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
AFe dyno test.

2017-Ford-F-250-Superduty-Stock-Dyno-Run.jpg

Kind

Reaction score
It's the most choked up and restricted 400hp I've ever driven lol. My stock '15 felt more lively to throttle input then does my '17. With that said it definitely feels like the '17 has more power at full throttle.

Danny26

Reaction score
It's the most choked up and restricted 400hp I've ever driven lol. My stock '15 felt more lively to throttle input then does my '17. With that said it definitely feels like the '17 has more power at full throttle.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's feels more sluggish, my 15 was more responsive. I read they limit torque in the first 3 gears on the srw trucks now which might explain why.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The ford engineer finally drove a Dodge with engine exhaust braking and decided they better pony up! A cummins will put you through the windshield!

Yes they will! The gm isnt as abrupt either but way better than ford.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
me too. thats stout .

I took the first one to land on the lot in my home town last week and after a quick drive, when I got back and gave them the keys they asked what I thought. All I said was "Liars! There's no way they didn't turn up the engine. Even taking into account the weight loss, it felt quite a bit stronger then a 15 when you get on it".

tmk82

Reaction score
I just picked up 17 on Friday. I'm extremely impressed with the down low power compared to my 15. Not sure what they changed but definitely like it. It feels faster than my 15 did on the tow tune. Not sure if that's really the case but I'm really happy with it.

Kind

Reaction score
I just picked up 17 on Friday. I'm extremely impressed with the down low power compared to my 15. Not sure what they changed but definitely like it. It feels faster than my 15 did on the tow tune. Not sure if that's really the case but I'm really happy with it.

Well I wish mine ran like yours. My '15 was more responsive. But, full throttle the '17 definitely has more power.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
So if the turbo stayed the same, is there any chance the tuners will be able to see what ford did to make the engine brake better and possibly add that to the 11-16 trucks that have the 15+ turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind

Reaction score
Yes. 2wd vs 4wd doesn't affect the amount of torque management(responsiveness) that is going on in a '17 tho.

Latest posts

Members online