2017 SD 6.7 Engine Changes?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
That's the vibe I was getting while talking to all the engineers. Bet they wait to see what the new D/Max has in store.

I am really curious to see.

While my 16 LML is impressive, its no different than my 11 LML power, efficiency wise, I think the mileage is actually a little worse on identical trucks.

Curious what their refresh will include

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Video on the Ford website, the performance engineer said "the transmission has been upgraded to handle the increase of torque" so what did they change in the transmission? added the clutches back in from the previous 11-14 6R?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Video on the Ford website, the performance engineer said "the transmission has been upgraded to handle the increase of torque" so what did they change in the transmission? added the clutches back in from the previous 11-14 6R?

thats my guess. they added about $5 . LOL

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I wonder what the new air intake will flow?

Attachments

• 122112.jpg
    122112.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
The biggest thing in Fords favor is that they don't have limited availability to the highest ratings. They will be the same no matter the configuration, less 450/550 cab and chassis. Ram has to be the 3500 dually with an AISIN trans to get the 900 rating. I believe GM offers the same like Ford.

JRLott

Reaction score
Hope ford does it better than Dodge. I drove a Dodge 1500 to Fourchon and back Tuesday. It never seemed to be in the right gear, and didn't seem very decisive when it would shift or downshift. Could just be me being picky though.

Latest posts

Members online