20x10 & 20x12 staggered stance on lowered 4x4?

BOSS450

Reaction score
It bothers me to look down the side of a truck and see the front tires ate wider then the back so will a staggered stance work on these trucks to bring the back tire out some? any clue what the offsets/ backspacing would be to have both front and rear stick out about 2"

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Thought about this for mine... It might work but it might look retarded. only one way to find out LOL

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Maybe a 20x10 -24mm with a 1" spacer in the front and 20x12 -44mm in the rear. Only thing is it might look goofy with different size lips on the wheels and there's no way around that.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
it might work. Would love to see what it looks like. Had 20x10's on mine and now have 20x12's waiting to go on.

Karls03

Reaction score
Why not run 10s front and rear but with less back spacing on the rears? Say a 6" backspace (typical on most 05s and up) on the front and a 4.25 or 4.5 backspace (typical on 99-04s) on the rear.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didnt know that you could name your BS? Just for example, the op chooses Fuel by MHT wheels. He opts.for 20x10. Now regardless of what gen his superduty is, he has one choice for his 20x10. -25mm offset. A 12 wide is -44. There is no choosing.

Honestly a spacer is the ONLY way you are going fix a miniscule stickout issue. If you run a 10 wide in front and a 12 in the back, your truck will look like a 79 camaro with weld wheels and staggered fitments. If this is what you're after, so be it.

Seems like nobody wants a truck.anymore. Why not transplant your engine and drivetrain into.a.79 camaro instead of trying to dress the truck in drag. Im all for modding but trying to reinvent the wheel?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
you can get the 20x10's in a -12mm or -24mm from fuel... but it seems for the look he's going after a -24mm 20x10 w/ 1in spacer and a -44mm 20x12 in the rear will set the wheels about even with how far they stick out. Because the fronts stick out slightly more than the rears

Dzchey21

Reaction score
To me personally to make it look right you need a wider wheel in the rear, not just a different offset

Karls03

Reaction score
I didnt know that you could name your BS? Just for example, the op chooses Fuel by MHT wheels. He opts.for 20x10. Now regardless of what gen his superduty is, he has one choice for his 20x10. -25mm offset. A 12 wide is -44. There is no choosing.

Honestly a spacer is the ONLY way you are going fix a miniscule stickout issue. If you run a 10 wide in front and a 12 in the back, your truck will look like a 79 camaro with weld wheels and staggered fitments. If this is what you're after, so be it.

Seems like nobody wants a truck.anymore. Why not transplant your engine and drivetrain into.a.79 camaro instead of trying to dress the truck in drag. Im all for modding but trying to reinvent the wheel?

It's not so much that you are naming you backspace as it is the 05 and up use a different backspace than the 99-04. Therefore, 99-04 wheels on an 05 and up will stick out farther than wheels for an 05 and up.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Y not just get the same wheels all around and add a 1/2 spacer to even it out?

TyCorr

Reaction score
It's not so much that you are naming you backspace as it is the 05 and up use a different backspace than the 99-04. Therefore, 99-04 wheels on an 05 and up will stick out farther than wheels for an 05 and up.

The coilsprung trucks use widened axles to.clear all the additional crap up there. Thats it. Now that is out there, you missed my point. While this creates the need for diferent wheel specs technically speakin, the aftermarket gives not one shti. That was my point. Guys on newer trucks run 9 and 10" wheels. The leaf sprung guys seem to stick to 10, 12, and even 14 inch wheels. That is all.

Rob D

Reaction score
Did anyone end up trying this out. I also agree with the OP that the front tires look funny sticking out further. I think it could be pretty clean looking, as well as save your paint, to tuck the fronts in more and let the rears stick out!

MINK

Reaction score

Like Josh said, not true at all. You can get different offsets on many of the large brands for the 8x170 bolt pattern.

I will say if you're gonna try it go with the 12 in the back and 10 upfront - I personally wouldnt do it though.

Latest posts

Members online