225's with Stock Trans, Stock Turbo, Stock Fuel Delivery

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Nice runs. I'm suprised your holding onto that much fuel pressure with 225's. My dually dropped to like 25psi with 225's.

Put a second stage on and you'll have your 11. Do you know if your holding high pressure oil all the way down the track

stonepusher

Reaction score
Nice runs. I'm suprised your holding onto that much fuel pressure with 225's. My dually dropped to like 25psi with 225's.

Put a second stage on and you'll have your 11. Do you know if your holding high pressure oil all the way down the track

Thanks, I dont know if its holding high pressure oil, I have been wanting to get an hpop gauge but autometer doesnt sell it in the cobalt.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Thanks, I dont know if its holding high pressure oil, I have been wanting to get an hpop gauge but autometer doesnt sell it in the cobalt.

i will be installing my HPOP gauge from dakota digital in a little bit. They are awesome gauges. And i think it'll look good with the autometer cobalts even tho it isn't an autometer gauge. I can get ya pic if you'd like when i get it installed

Chris

Reaction score
His 225s will not hold icp on an all out race tune. We have the pw backed down and it is holding better but still not ideal. Probably why it responds to nitrous so well. Im actually going to data log it this afternoon so ill be able to share what his icp is really doign.

I wouldnt be surprised if the fuel pressure is dropping down some when he first launches it and its fueling hard going thru the rpm band like 6.0s like to do. Once the converter locks up and i think he has a chance to look at the gauge its 50. His fuel pump is abnormally strong. My 06 w/ stock sticks will pull down to 38-40psi under wot.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im all for this...but when are you gonna add turbos?

Yea turbossssss Aka 2 :D

Chris

Reaction score
running 1.5ms, it holds 4k psi at 79-80%dc.

Going to try and bump up the pw a little now and then i think well see that .120 jet make a bigger difference, if the trans will hold. Last couple passes its nudged the rev limiter on the 3-5 shift.

just in case anyone was wondering, figured id give some numbers behind mikes setup.

Calculator says about 475 on fuel, and 650 on the bottle. This is guessing the truck weighs 6800lbs race weight. Id really like to get the stock turbo over 500 on fuel only, maybe some tweaking in the tuning coudl produce that. Right now the boost (back pressure) is dialed way back so he can use the same tune w/ the spray and try to keep the turbo and uppipes alive. Shawn, have you ever pushed the stock turbo till it wouldnt take anymore? Id be really curious as to whats possible.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Thats impressive... and some low pw lol. I would be curious to know what would happen and if the numbers would change with a built tranny...

strokin6L

Reaction score
factory clutch packs will only take soo much and soo will the stock converter even tho the factory converter is pretty stout.

Chris

Reaction score
I think a few people have gone over 800 on 190s. Didnt DJ build a truck a few years back that went mid 11s on a vgt-ss and 190s and a healthy amount of spray? Dynoed like 790 or so?

Im going to try and remember to call cody at II and see what Mikes 225/100s flow at 1.5ms. IMO there is a lot to be had from smaller amounts of fuel if you can maintain ICP as opposed to running larger injectors and dropping pressure, unless you make the truck a total nitrous junky.

Chris

Reaction score
Which points are failing.

Most of the failures ive seen are on the direct clutch. Maybe someone with better 5r110 knowledge can correct me, but i remember Brian and BTS telling me direct has 40psi less applying it. Makes sense why a modded direct solenoid is so helpful. But basically its like this, stock clutches being applied at whatever pressure is capable of will only last so long.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I think the guy i was thinking about was Frankie. Not sure if he's a memeber on here, but on other forums his screen name is onequickstock6L i think.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.