225's with Stock Trans, Stock Turbo, Stock Fuel Delivery

Chris

Reaction score
So then to continiue testing id drop in a tranny.

Thats in the plans. Maybe some dyno time as well. I would like to see if we could get an 11 out of the stock transmission. i think a few have done it on the 6.4s, granted the way they are tuned is slightly different.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I beileve you can. But your only gonna get one. If the damage is already starting.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
see if you can break 11's first on the stock trans, theres gotta be one pass in there. If it had a trans it would be in the 11's but wheres the fun in that

Im interested in seeing this thing on the dyno too

stonepusher

Reaction score
Put a stack on the truck last week, Here is a pic of a little burnout to test it out......Trans, Turbo, and Fuel system still strong........
PepperStackburnout.jpg

stonepusher

Reaction score
I have also been trying to research the the bullseye turbos, I found a s366 with race cover, batmowheel, and 71mm turbine wheel on a T3 housing for $1750....My question is where can I find pricing on a pedestal kit and diverter valve?

stonepusher

Reaction score
Went to the track tonight for couple of runs on Chris's new tune , 13.1 @100.5 with one injector missing all the way down the track, this time was 2 tenths faster than the previous tune. Can't wait to get back into some lighter wheels and tires on so that i can dip into the 12's on fuel.... BTW track passes are at 25 and I still drive it everyday.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have also been trying to research the the bullseye turbos, I found a s366 with race cover, batmowheel, and 71mm turbine wheel on a T3 housing for $1750....My question is where can I find pricing on a pedestal kit and diverter valve?

you can get a BD pedestal kit or a turbonetics kit for around 700 but the BD is much better quality... I think the bd valve it also around that price.

Matt

Reaction score
Doug at GoGo is developing a turbo pedestal that is looking top notch so far and should be better than the other options out there. PTP on here is a dealer for him.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Doug at GoGo is developing a turbo pedestal that is looking top notch so far and should be better than the other options out there. PTP on here is a dealer for him.

I'm sure it'll be a universal setup to aquire any aftermarket turbo...whether it be from II, RCD, bullseye, etc.?

Matt

Reaction score
The turbo everyone is selling these s366s, s364s etc. Are all the same. They are all borg warner. They might put a billet wheel in them, or a race cover, but at the end of the day they are borg warner s300s.

Silverback

Reaction score
Uh..............do you have a fuel system yet??? Stock Fuel will NEVER properly fuel 225s with any type of aggressive tuning, I'm surprised you only have 1 injector miss firing...

Last edited:

Chris

Reaction score
Maybe the pw is backed off quite a bit, and that's helping?

Smart guy!

The injector dropping in and out is a spool valve that was on his original injectors, it actually did it before they were modded to 225s. He still has stock fuel delivery, but has the full motor system.

If we ran pw most "race" tunes use, i dont think the truck would go any faster, in fact itd most likely go slower and break a lot of parts. Sometimes less is more.

The idea is, and always has been, to see what could be pushed with a certain $$ invested and certain parts installed. You see a lot of trucks with twins, huge injectors, super dooper oil pumps, a set of heads that cost a left nut, etc etc. on paper the trucks should haul ass, but they dont. Mike didnt want to be one of these guys. Eventually the truck will be fully built and well report back, good or bad, the results of each change to try and help everyone.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Best way to build/tune up a truck right there. Haulin ass on stock components can't get better, and who wants to drop serious coin nowadays.

strokin6L

Reaction score
The turbo everyone is selling these s366s, s364s etc. Are all the same. They are all borg warner. They might put a billet wheel in them, or a race cover, but at the end of the day they are borg warner s300s.

Yes i know that they are all borg warner based chargers, but some have their own certain mounting points....such as II's chargers in which they use a modded stock pedistal that their turbo's bolt to for the 6L. If i remember correctly from the II turbo i had...is that the two mounting points where on the wastegate bracket of the turbo.

Last edited:

stonepusher

Reaction score
Best way to build/tune up a truck right there. Haulin ass on stock components can't get better, and who wants to drop serious coin nowadays.

True that, If I had more business coming into my shop my turbo and trans would probably not be stock, I know I have said this before but I have been EXTREMELY surprised my truck has held up as long as it has. Once I got a few passes on the trans and some nitrous runs in it, it became more fun and interesting to see how long the two would last. So, now my mission has changed to how long will it last? Im going on 7 months now with the setup and it is still going strong, minus my spool valves but what can you expect they have 92k miles on them.

strokin6L

Reaction score
True that, If I had more business coming into my shop my turbo and trans would probably not be stock, I know I have said this before but I have been EXTREMELY surprised my truck has held up as long as it has. Once I got a few passes on the trans and some nitrous runs in it, it became more fun and interesting to see how long the two would last. So, now my mission has changed to how long will it last? Im going on 7 months now with the setup and it is still going strong, minus my spool valves but what can you expect they have 92k miles on them.

That's very awesome to here that. Who's 225's are you running with 92K on them? How many 1/4 mile runs do you figure you have on the motor with nitrous?

stonepusher

Reaction score
That's very awesome to here that. Who's 225's are you running with 92K on them? How many 1/4 mile runs do you figure you have on the motor with nitrous?

Like Chris said, these were my stock injectors which I was already having problems with the spool valves before we sent them off to industrial to get modded into 225's. I don't know the exact specs of what was done, Chris knows the details i just they were my stock spool valves and bodies were modded and nozzels were modded. My total passes are at 23, 11 which are nitrous runs, not mention the driving I do with it everyday and the one night I used a whole bottle just messing around on the highway lol

Latest posts

Members online