3 year build complete.

Josh0817

Reaction score
Springville New York (30) miles south of Buffalo
Okay for those of you that don't know me I'm josh. I used to have a ****ty attitude made a bad name for myself at a young age. I was the one that always was running my mouth. My father is the owner of vibratech and Fluidampr which he bought when I was about 12. He started his machine with a manual mill and hired his younger brother to work for him. Today him and his brother have an amazing machine shop that is truly unique in many ways. Under Horschel brothers precsion there is the damper co. Along with Horschel Motorsports buffalo turbine and some others. Recently we started machining parts for a couple big names in the industry. Honestly I'm unsure if I can say their names so I'll leave em out today. Anyway that's the intro bout me and where I'm from I'm trying very hard to change and give respect and drop the snot nosed kid attitude (no one) likes it. We'll back in high school I had sum trucks. Bought my 6.4 last month junior year. I was in love. Just turned 17 summer was here I flew to Raleigh North Carolina and drove home a 2008 ccsb 2wd XL no air condition my reasoning for buying you ask. It had a zf6 it had 8200 miles on it and I got it for 16 grand when sticker was 32. I'll deal with 2wd for new truck at 17 hell yeah. We'll first week it got tinted and a sct 4" delete pipe and already had a Voltan intake on her so in about a month after that she got a 3850 dual disc. Yep over kill I know. I thought I was building it long before I did. So tht lasted till a cylinder lost compression. Put the bitch to stock a month later I got a short block and one new head and they threw the arps in for me. We'll wouldn't u kno 93000miles hit me n the old lady were fighting so I drowned my sarrows and raced through the night(so I heard) next morning I woke up truck was half in lawn half on shoulder of rd. started her up n it growled banged smoked n I knew it was done. Trailered ol girl back to home( I was living in pa for school) home was back in buffalo. We'll dealer said piss off kid (prolly should have put dpf on n took everything else off lol but I didn't so the 2wd with a blown engine went away for two years. Today it is still being played with and by the end of this season I will reach 10flat in a quarter on fuel with my 6.4 I got lots of pics I'll post as many as I can from past two years. Parts that were added will be listed after some original 2wd photos. Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed my trucks history and my history so far! Bordem before heading to work. Turned out to do a build sheet lol

Josh0817

Reaction score
Shined up as 2wd muddy as 2wd and straight broke as a 2wd

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 177

Josh0817

Reaction score
Best mileage as 2wd stick with deletes and pussy foot on highway. That was taken when I stopped right before Pittsburgh and I reset it back in buffalo. Wonder what it really was I should have calculated myself n compared!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 163

Josh0817

Reaction score
And then I found the valve and then the build began to form on that day.
Can someone help me? How can I upload multiple pics at once? It's only letting me post one at a time and it's annoying and I have to amuse myself as you can see. Any suggestions

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 140

Stroked777

Reaction score
You went to WyoTech didn't you?

Also on my phone I can only upload one at a time. Better off waiting til you get to a computer

Josh0817

Reaction score
So for the engine it was sent out to Tadd at elite. Block was bored .030 over got a 2+ elite cam pistions were coated n had reliefs cut. Carrillo rods were a must. I did h11 main studs and head studs. It got upgraded valve springs and pushrods to turn 5000rpm. The rotating assembly was balanced at this time as we'll! Tadd assembled everything up to the heads and shipped me my engine and a crate full of goodies with it. At first u had a set of industrial tow power turbos. They came In and they were returned the next day. Tadd sent me a new setup he designed. To my knowledge there are I believe three trucks besides mine with this turbo setup and last I knew mine were the only ones on a running engine. This could be different now. I did the high power x turbos. Which included a 62high pressure vgt turbo with a 82 low pressure turbo. I'm running a tial waste gate dumping it back into down pipe and honestly my truck is still a stick today and spools 2x as fast as the stock turbos. Honestly these are coming off in a short period of time. Not because I dont like them but they will not get me to a 10flat on fuel. So they are for sale and have 3000miles on them. I kept a stock k16 in the valley because there were issues with the dragonfires grenading so I put my 85% k16 belt driven for obvious reasons and used elites kit to utilize it. My fuel rails were ported it got new injectors with 110hp tips. Correct me if I'm wrong I believe they are equal to 60% available more fuel than stock. The pumps will stay and I'll probably double injector size with new turbo setup. I also slapped elites max intake on and I run a simple s&b 6.0 horn with 3holes from s&b and I believe I added four more for no reason at all lol I'm running custom up pipes with you guessed it 6.0 manifolds whoo boo right? I deleted the fuel filter and put the block in with regulator for the dual k16. Some of my favorite additions to my engine include the sexy river city diesel aluminum oil pan. And I got and aluminum coolant tank from the company in Canada. I feel bad for not remembering who made it but I don't want to give credit to wrong guy. Tadd gave me his big ass air filter with the two bends sheet metal box and an air filter 8times to big for my setup. Used filter threw out box. Still gotta fab one up. Tht will be finished with new turbo setup. Somewhere in the 9months my engine was being built and waiting on machine shop to bore my block my dumbass moved my truck to three different spots and I lost a lot of stuff I needed. When I got my engine set it on frame added everything above I realized **** for front cover was nowhere to be found. I ended up buying that fancy alumni piece that alternator sits on. An alternator. Glow plugs, and both harnesses an entire engine harness glow plug module all new engine sensors. Tadd shipped engine with cam and crank. I spent like a grand on the ebp ect eft eot eop pyro in passenger side up pipe map sensor and for some reason I bought the three sensors for my exhaust hooked them up and zip tied them, after they were unplugged for first 90k of trucks life. Truck pretty much only reused the radiator and it got a banks intercooler that sums up the engine I think/hope for now anyway still to be put on dyno I'd say it's a strong 650whp truck right now 700 is pushing it

Josh0817

Reaction score
Yes I did go to WyoTech. I was under the impression it was for kids that had a background and wanted to learn a lot about engines trannys ect so on. Plus tht dumb sheet of paper is worth big bucks. Unfortanitly WyoTech is a school for the kids that never held a wrench before and couldn't tell you the difference between an exhaust and intake valve. We rebuilt engines that would never run trannys with half the gears stripped split or not there. That school was lots and lots of moola down the drain for me. And you either were in class with me or were an instructor there am I correct?

Josh0817

Reaction score
For the 2wd to the 4x4 the last of those parts are two weeks out. I've locked it in a few times now it works great. But ford road racing it was heavily modified. I got an axle from an 09 350 I put trutracs in front axle and the rear left the factory axle shaft. I used River city's 4link for lowered or 2" high trucks. My rear had caltracs which I believe are going to be coming off once the last of my suspension comes in and it will be getting a set of pmf traction bars. I left the 2wd towers and modified f350 coils to fit the top. Cut out 3rounds on each side so it'd sit level with the 250 rear. I guess either 3links weren't enough or I got something taller than a 350 coil cuz I'm bout 1 1/2 2" taller in front than rear and that sucks. So 2.5" taller than factory king coil overs are on their way with king shocks as we'll for the front. I have 5" taller than factory rear leaf packs on the way with a softer than factory leaf as we'll. no more towing capacity so the trailer hitch is coming out as we'll. once those are installed I have to get my supplier I get king shocks through dimensions for my rear to order four rear king shocks. I also have an adjustable trac bar on its way from PMF. After all that bull **** arrives and is installed I get to take some measure ments for my front end. I order a over the knuckle tie rod with a drag link from bullet proof steering. If you haven't seen his products you should see them. There is no other way to go for your draglink and tierod. I'm debating if I'm going to order his dual tierod or not one over knuckle and the factory place under knuckle, extra security still undecided. As of right now the factory tie rod and tracbar are from the 09 I got the axle from and I have too many to count cracks all around the center of my tie rod. So the truck is not being driven at this time. And hopefully by Friday front and rear hell wig swaybars will be ordered and on their way to me. That sums up the suspension for now.

Josh0817

Reaction score
In with my boy Jared's 4link and a damn axle. Kept the 3.73 ratio. Assuming everything happens this year I pray these will get that 10 I don't wanna do another 4 grand to re gear with trutracs I already have. Shoulda done some more research in that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 130

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yes I did go to WyoTech. I was under the impression it was for kids that had a background and wanted to learn a lot about engines trannys ect so on. Plus tht dumb sheet of paper is worth big bucks. Unfortanitly WyoTech is a school for the kids that never held a wrench before and couldn't tell you the difference between an exhaust and intake valve. We rebuilt engines that would never run trannys with half the gears stripped split or not there. That school was lots and lots of moola down the drain for me. And you either were in class with me or were an instructor there am I correct?

No I don't think we ever met but I had the ridiculously lifted gray 6.0 cclb down there, yeah I agree with you that it was expensive, it landed me a job as a mechanic but left that job to get a job with GE

Looking back I kinda wish I never gone, I'm not even using the what they taught me and it's a loan I could have done with out lol

Josh0817

Reaction score
That stick in the center my friends is attached for me to change gears manually on my 6.4 when I did the 2 to 4 swap I got a reman 4x4 tranny outta Pittsburgh for cheaper than a triple disc torque converter and threw in a new southbend and spent 300 on a ford slave cylinder. Now when I was first building the truck I thought I was gonna be the only 6.4 with a stick and 1000hp kicking anyone and everyone's ass cuz I could drive. We'll I learned some things. Just because I can take a stock mustang with a 5sp and race an identical mustang with an auto and beat him every time on our 1/8th track does not compare by any means to a high horse truck. Lucky I learned this and gave up my fantasy for the stick in a 6.4.......shoulda built a pull truck right. And that's exactly where my set up is going. A buddy of mine has an auto in a 6.4 pull truck. We are puttin a heavily modded 4r100 in my truck and he taking everything for his pull truck. Works good for both us. I'll miss the stick without a doubt but it'll b in good hands

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 127

Josh0817

Reaction score
The day my cab wen on I didn't leave the shop till I fired her up. I started about 5pm worked all through night next day and that night around 1am it was alive long ****ing time usually their running a couple hours after cabs down. We'll yes it took two days for this bitch. Nonstop...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 134

Latest posts

Members online