38R Billet wheel- WW2

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Installed a WW2 from diesel site and a turbo master waste gate controller. Took it for a spin and my egt's climb quicker than before and run a little hotter cruising-about 50 deg hotter than before. Also going over the bridge by the house it usually gets to 900* but now climbed to 1000*
Full throttle runs it never breaks 1200* just climbs faster
Anyone else run one, what are your reselts?

I think im going to tighten up the waste gate and try it again.
Here's some pics, its a nice piece!

095_zps94a3ea1a.jpg

108_zpscfbad51e.jpg

109_zpsf3f697d7.jpg

110_zpsf0d68b3f.jpg

111_zpsafdf2383.jpg

And a test pass, I know its just a one wheel peel but it didn't seem down on power here. Shifted to 2nd and held it past the green sign- no brake.
112_zps2bebd4c7.jpg

Screenshot_2014-03-10-22-35-531_zpsad9b99d8.png

Reaction score
I've ran one in a stocker and a 38r they both helped spool up and cleaned up a bit more fuel but egts stayed pretty consistent to what they were both times. Did you maybe disturb the up pipes going off and back on with it and create exhaust leaks at the donuts?? or maybe boost leaks?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Id guess you have a leak at the up pipe to turbine housing. Did you get the nipple lined up with the hole? Have someone floor the truck while you look back behind the turbo. Thats where I would start. If not there then prolly up pipe gaskets like mentioned... shouldnt raise egts. If no leaks what so ever then tighten down the wg controller and do a wot run then start backing it of and do another wot run till it limits boost to 36lbs.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Is 36 psi the 38R usable limit, or a PMR safe limit?

its been found that 36-37ish psi is basically the usable limit.. after that your basically just creating hot air and more wear on it.. since 40 psi is the max thats recommended anyway.. boost doest kill pmr's its cylinder pressure. Tuning is the key for those to servive.

live life full throttle

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Yea I think something is wrong at the turbo to up pipe connection. It has bellowed up pipes so no donuts here.
I tgought I got that nipple lined up but maybe I didnt. I did a break stand with the hood up and didn't see any smoke come out, firewall looks clean too.
I'm going to take that back clamp back off and make sure its all lined up good.
Ill report back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Brake stand wasnt much maybe 4-6 psi but I didnt stay on it long
Wot run at first was 29-30 on initial install but I did tighten the gate a few turn and that got it back to 31-32 psi
I'm still on Stock injectors and figured that's about normal??

neverkickn

Reaction score
Your best bet is to disconnect the up pipes from the manifolds and then attach the collector to the charger. After the collector is aligned and clamped you can reconnect the up pipes.

I have found that to be the only reliable way to get everything properly seated.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Brake stand wasnt much maybe 4-6 psi but I didnt stay on it long
Wot run at first was 29-30 on initial install but I did tighten the gate a few turn and that got it back to 31-32 psi
I'm still on Stock injectors and figured that's about normal??

Oh hell... stock injectors? Tighten that wg controller down so it doesnt move.. prolly wont max out the 38r with those.. its possible but not probable. if your egts are still hotter then id start tearing into it..

But you will have to have someone floor the truck when you look behind the turbo for an exhaust leak.. more then likely the radiator fan will deminish the smoke before it gets out of the engine compartment where you can see it..

live life full throttle

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Your best bet is to disconnect the up pipes from the manifolds and then attach the collector to the charger. After the collector is aligned and clamped you can reconnect the up pipes.

I have found that to be the only reliable way to get everything properly seated.

Thats how I did it when I installed the up pipes and 38r a few years ago. I was hoping I didnt have to do that this time...

Oh hell... stock injectors? Tighten that wg controller down so it doesnt move.. prolly wont max out the 38r with those.. its possible but not probable. if your egts are still hotter then id start tearing into it..

But you will have to have someone floor the truck when you look behind the turbo for an exhaust leak.. more then likely the radiator fan will deminish the smoke before it gets out of the engine compartment where you can see it..

live life full throttle

I was going to get my wife to help me since she was home but I didnt feel like getting run over LOL
I Think im just going to investigate the up pipes as it doesn't really feel snappy from a stop like it did
Took 12-15psi to spin the tires
Never broke 1200* fwiw

neverkickn

Reaction score
Thats how I did it when I installed the up pipes and 38r a few years ago. I was hoping I didnt have to do that this time...

Yup, every time you pull the charger the bellows contract. The clamp just can't quite pull the collector and the turbine housing together with the uppies still connected.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Yup, every time you pull the charger the bellows contract. The clamp just can't quite pull the collector and the turbine housing together with the uppies still connected.

I wonder if I can take the turbo mount bolts out and get the up pipes on good and then get the turbo back lined up with the mount...
Either way ill be getting the tools back out

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wonder if I can take the turbo mount bolts out and get the up pipes on good and then get the turbo back lined up with the mount...

Yes. Thats normally how I have to do it.

live life full throttle

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Fack... Ok ill try that hopefully tomorrow
I might have to wait until Friday since im on nights this week

neverkickn

Reaction score

Oh come on, it's 15 minutes. You will be glad you did.

Latest posts

Members online