38R Billet wheel- WW2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oh come on, it's 15 minutes. You will be glad you did.

Sbouldnt actually need to loosen the manifold to uppies bolts.. after its set in place and tqed down and after so many hot cycles it should still line up just fine... I have almost a half inch of play in mine that I can move it around to line up.

live life full throttle

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Sbouldnt actually need to loosen the manifold to uppies bolts.. after its set in place and tqed down and after so many hot cycles it should still line up just fine... I have almost a half inch of play in mine that I can move it around to line up.

live life full throttle

That's my thinking, loosen the turbo from the mount and attach up pipes. That's what I'm going to try anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Countrycar

Reaction score
The best way I've found when it comes to exhaust leaks in the past is to chock the wheels first, then have a helper start the truck when it's cold, put it in gear, hold the brake pedal down (Power Brake) and bring the power up slowly, you should start to see where the leaks are at real quick, you will see soot blowing out from the areas where you have an exhaust leak. Don't need to much pedal, since the engine is cold the leaks tend to reveal themselves a bit quicker because the metal's haven't had time to expand yet.

Last edited:

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
The best way I've found when it comes to exhaust leaks in the past is to chock the wheels first, then have a helper start the truck when it's cold, put it in gear, hold the brake pedal down (Power Brake) and bring the power up slowly, you should start to see where the leaks are at real quick, you will see soot blowing out from the areas where you have an exhaust leak. Don't need to much pedal, since the engine is cold the leaks tend to reveal themselves a bit quicker because the metal's haven't had time to expand yet.

Or you can tape a shop vac hose to the exhaust and set it to blow. Works perfectly with no engine noise or heat!

neverkickn

Reaction score
That's my thinking, loosen the turbo from the mount and attach up pipes. That's what I'm going to try anyway

Your the one with the tools so it's up to you, but I would HIGHLY recommend loosening them from the manifolds. I wouldn't loosen the charger or disconnect the down pipe. I wouldn't even remove the ic pipes. Just loosen the clamp disconnect the uppies and retighten the clamp and reconnect the uppies last.

Easy as pie!

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Your the one with the tools so it's up to you, but I would HIGHLY recommend loosening them from the manifolds. I wouldn't loosen the charger or disconnect the down pipe. I wouldn't even remove the ic pipes. Just loosen the clamp disconnect the uppies and retighten the clamp and reconnect the uppies last.

Easy as pie!

Ill take a look at it hopefully tomorrow, I didnt wake up in time before work tonight.
I may end up loosening the up pipes at the manifold too

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Well looks like up pipes didnt fully seat, I'm pulling my boat to the ramp so I'll report empty egts later
ysutanu4.jpg

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Hey! Something is missing right there!

live life full throttle

Dafuq LOL
I Just pulled that clap bolt and rotated the clamp to have look..
Ended up loosening the up pipes at the mani then tightening at the turbo and all is good now. Jumps right to 30psi. Bout 1050-1100 * over the bridge pulling the boat

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dafuq LOL
I Just pulled that clap bolt and rotated the clamp to have look..
Ended up loosening the up pipes at the mani then tightening at the turbo and all is good now. Jumps right to 30psi. Bout 1050-1100 * over the bridge pulling the boat

Good deal!! Glad its all better now!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online