40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I would give new shocks a try. I just replaced all 4 shocks on my mothers 2013 F-150 with less than 30k miles and 2 of her shocks were already leaking. Went with bilstein 5100s which I've ran on all my vehicles and she's just as happy with them as I have been.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Shocks don't fix it, in my three trucks one current and 2 past. The 2001 did not have it. But 2008, 2011, and now the 2015. All had new shocks in 10,000 or less miles.

Layson

Reaction score
I read on another forum someone took their new truck back to Ford after he had done driveline work and other things to try and fix it. I guess Ford hooked up some testing stuff on his truck and then Ford got him a new driveline that was different then his original. Then the 45 mph hop went away. He has been gone off the forum since that post.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I read on another forum someone took their new truck back to Ford after he had done driveline work and other things to try and fix it. I guess Ford hooked up some testing stuff on his truck and then Ford got him a new driveline that was different then his original. Then the 45 mph hop went away. He has been gone off the forum since that post.
yeah. i read that to. also read to make another cross member to tue frame rails together top and bottom.

live life full throttle

Layson

Reaction score
Yeah I am not sold on the crossmember deal. The only thing that does in my mind is partially hide your issue that you have somewhere. You are definitely on to something with your axle.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah I am not sold on the crossmember deal. The only thing that does in my mind is partially hide your issue that you have somewhere. You are definitely on to something with your axle.
are the bearings on the rear axles a unit bearing now and not a spindle bearing like they used to be?

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
Can one drive without the rear driveshaft, and use 4x4 to see if the hop is still there?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Can one drive without the rear driveshaft, and use 4x4 to see if the hop is still there?

yeah.. suposedly the dealer did that when they replaced the carrier bearing. and they said it still did it. but im still leaning towards a bent hub/spindle.

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
yeah.. suposedly the dealer did that when they replaced the carrier bearing. and they said it still did it. but im still leaning towards a bent hub/spindle.

live life full throttle

How do you bend a hub/ spindle?,

Jomax

Reaction score
Ugh... I've come to the conclusion, All of the big three have issues. You just buy which one you like most and hope any issue that arises aren't big...

TyCorr

Reaction score
All super duties have them! Well maybe not a scsb or a rclb...the rest do..

Jomax

Reaction score
I have a one piece in my ccsb, I believe it started in 2015, coincidence? I bet they figured it out ...

TripleE44

Reaction score
Mines an 11 CCSB and I don't have a carrier bearing. I was under the impression with the 6.7s the longbeds were the only ones that got them.

Jomax

Reaction score
Mines an 11 CCSB and I don't have a carrier bearing. I was under the impression with the 6.7s the longbeds were the only ones that got them.

So it must've been on the 6.7s That started that. If us shortbed guys don't have this hop. Isn't it a big red flag that it is indeed the driveshaft?

TripleE44

Reaction score
So it must've been on the 6.7s That started that. If us shortbed guys don't have this hop. Isn't it a big red flag that it is indeed the driveshaft?

Oh I've got the hop too. Mine isn't necessarily only at 45-50. Mine happens more on certain roads at highway speeds. But certain roads, even really bumpy ones, it doesn't do it at all.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Are there holes where there used to be a carrier bearing? Did they replace some two's with a single piece? Or was 11 in fact yhe year they figured out what weve known for years?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.