450HP Supporting Mods?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
When the time comes, PIS will be getting my order for injectors. The High Output ad's have my interest.

IF...keyword, if the Brute 66 is as superior, or as beneficial to run as it sounds...why does the 38r still get recommended so much? Just curiosity...rebuuldable, cheaper,,quieter, more efficient..I mean, it sounds pert near perfect.

I have no direct experience with the Brute 66...

I do have extensive experience with all the drop in knock off's and the 38R...

I will have to give one a try one of these days, the 38R I have now is getting on in age, leaking oil past the seals pretty bad now... Maybe I'll go with the Brute.

Pigman

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the feedback everyone. As of right now, it looks like I'll be doing a motor swap rather than just a rod swap when the time comes. I'm also leaning towards PIS injectors, probably 200/80 or 238/80, and a 38r turbo. I will most likely be upgrading to bigger injectors and turbo eventually, but I feel like the 38r and hybrids will allow me to reach 450HP safely and hold me over until I'm able to go bigger.

I have also been very curious about the Brute 66 as an alternative to the 38r. The price as well as the increased power and efficiency claims are very appealing but until I see reports from several reputable sources I think I'm going to stick with the 38r. Hopefully the Brute 66 is really as good as it claims to be so that I can save a little money!

Also, are there any more PRE-turbo/injectors supporting mods that I should add or change from my original post? I'm currently researching and trying to decide between an Adrenaline, T500, or Honey Badger HPOP. Are there any other mods that I should consider before touching the turbo and injectors?

Again, thanks for the help everyone!

Josh

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Contact No Limit, I cant speak for them, but I bet you could get a package deal for a Honey Badger, PIS injectors, Tuning and A Brute 66...

Just an option...

dadada

Reaction score
I hope you have a big piggy bank! For what your wanting to buy and spend on a motor, you could buy a whole truck with a built motor if you look and wait hard enough. And if you have all this put on the motor by a garage or shop, it probably isn't going to be cheap. You may wanna do some more research so you know what your getting yourself into. Hey, I'm all for it if you have the time and money. Only thing I'm waiting on for myself is a set of injectors and my truck has a 450HP setup. I do have a PMR motor so I'm going with PIS 175/80 and that's my limit. Good luck!

Last edited:

Pigman

Reaction score
CSIPSD - Thanks for the suggestion! How do you like No Limit's tuning vs. Gearhead's? The main reason I'm planning on getting Gearhead to do the tuning is because next year when I move to College Station he'll be 5 minutes away from me which will make the tuning VERY convenient. And I'll be able to get it live tuned.

David N - Would I be fine with a Riffraff FRx as a regulated return at 450hp?

dadada - I doubt I'll be doing a motor swap or rod swap for a while. Probably after college. It's going to be my daily driver for atleast the next 3 years so I'm staying at 450hp until I can buy a new car or truck after college and turn this truck into a toy. I'm also going to be doing all the work myself except for the transmission and injectors. I've been quoted $600-700 for installing the tranny and I have no idea what installation of the injectors will cost. What turbo are you going to be running with those 175/80s?

Thanks for the help guys

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hope you have a big piggy bank! For what your wanting to buy and spend on a motor, you could buy a whole truck with a built motor if you look and wait hard enough. And if you have all this put on the motor by a garage or shop, it probably isn't going to be cheap. You may wanna do some more research so you know what your getting yourself into. Hey, I'm all for it if you have the time and money. Only thing I'm waiting on for myself is a set of injectors and my truck has a 450HP setup. I do have a PMR motor so I'm going with PIS 175/80 and that's my limit. Good luck!

Dont be upset if those injectors dont make 450+hp....

Bair

Reaction score
Dont be upset if those injectors dont make 450+hp....

Tim said he had a set make 490 with all the supporting mods. Dunno. Just what he told me. To be fair, that was just dyno numbers I believe.

96 CCLB
08 RCLB 2wd 6sp
08 ECLB 2wd for sale

thuglike

Reaction score
CSIPSD - Thanks for the suggestion! How do you like No Limit's tuning vs. Gearhead's? The main reason I'm planning on getting Gearhead to do the tuning is because next year when I move to College Station he'll be 5 minutes away from me which will make the tuning VERY convenient. And I'll be able to get it live tuned.

David N - Would I be fine with a Riffraff FRx as a regulated return at 450hp?

dadada - I doubt I'll be doing a motor swap or rod swap for a while. Probably after college. It's going to be my daily driver for atleast the next 3 years so I'm staying at 450hp until I can buy a new car or truck after college and turn this truck into a toy. I'm also going to be doing all the work myself except for the transmission and injectors. I've been quoted $600-700 for installing the tranny and I have no idea what installation of the injectors will cost. What turbo are you going to be running with those 175/80s?

Thanks for the help guys

I say go with Matt's tunes, you can't go wrong. His tunes and customer service are top shelf!!! PLUS.... the fact that he will be in your backyard....no brainer!!!!

we can, however, put a real nice package together for you on the hard parts!!! Let me know if we can help you!!! Our parts will do everything we say they will or I'll buy them back from you!!!! You have nothing to lose.

Let me know.

Last edited:

thuglike

Reaction score
Tim said he had a set make 490 with all the supporting mods. Dunno. Just what he told me. To be fair, that was just dyno numbers I believe.

96 CCLB
08 RCLB 2wd 6sp
08 ECLB 2wd for sale

It was a dyno. I don't know if the customer got to the track last season to back that up. BUT...the curve looked real nice!!!!!!!

Bair

Reaction score
Sweet! I take you guys word for it for sure. I just didn't want to come across as a prick.

96 CCLB
08 RCLB 2wd 6sp
08 ECLB 2wd for sale

TyCorr

Reaction score
It was a dyno. I don't know if the customer got to the track last season to back that up. BUT...the curve looked real nice!!!!!!!

Im not bashing the injector or its size. But tuned to run squeaky clean, 405hp on my truck with a 38r. 100%nozzles got it to 415, iirc, with similar results. I could get another 10-15 having it hazy and running hotter but for that gain the smoke and egts up over 1k° ALL THE TIME it wasnt worth it.

Jake, lincoknlocker, dynoed 490 something at one time and his track times were at 450. But his truck has always been a little freaky number wise. He runs a 170/100.

If the dadadadadada guy can make 500 hp with 175's, great, but in a clean running street driveable tune <425. Again Im not being a jerk or whatever. Just sayin. The things you have to do tuningwise to get an injector with puny nozzles to make 500hp will burn holes in pistons, pmr's, fuggetaboutit!

TyCorr

Reaction score
If they don' t, I will be knocking on the door of 450.

How do you "know" that? Im not saying it isnt possible but isnt the performance more important than a peak dyno number that means absolutely nothing without a track time?

I hope you make 500, buuuuuuuut.......

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Correct not 500. And i dont think this graph is all about just a peak #.

Not bad for "puny nozzles"

Attachments

• 175cc80dyno.pdf
    267.6 KB · Views: 79

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, but what did it run at the track Tim?

Whatever guys. Im just saying. Guys have dynoed 450hp with 238/80s. Getting people to think they're going to toss these in and be 450+, all day, is a bit much. No argument but TONS of these injectors have been dynoed over the years and they dont routinely go over 450hp.

Im gonna take a hike.

thuglike

Reaction score

Whatever guys. Im just saying. Guys have dynoed 450hp with 238/80s. Getting people to think they're going to toss these in and be 450+, all day, is a bit much. No argument but TONS of these injectors have been dynoed over the years and they dont routinely go over 450hp.

Im gonna take a hike.

No, man..it's all good. Tim would agree with you as I do that the track will tell the final answer. We use the dyno to tune and the track to tell.

These started out with older files from Jonathan and Laid down 438 I believe in his race file. Then did 471 on a current file then live tuned to the 492.

Let's not get emotional over dyno sheets.(at least one was provided..:D)

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score

Im gonna take a hike.

I'm in for track times as well. Not disagreeing at all. The only reason I posted that was people say show a graph or it didn't happen. Then you post a graph and people say track times or its inaccurate. No worries I fully expect it anymore. Some people just refuse to believe after some many years someone can start doing something different that the previous standard set by x and y products.

But you just hit the nail on the head. 230/80's make 450 previously.

Lets look at that. Same size nozzle. So they have the same flow per time. Who says they completely empty when it counts? Same dyno, same tuner with our 200/80 did just 509. Very little increase with the larger amount of fuel. Anyone want to guess why?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.