450HP Supporting Mods?

dadada

Reaction score
My main objective from 175/80 is reliability. I honestly won't lose sleep if I don't have a 450 hp truck. I was just giving the original postee an idea of hp numbers and what setup I personally have. The proof here has been laid down previously with a graph and that is impressive. You can t argue with that.

SledDogg

Reaction score
Run a 250/200 from P.I.S or Full Force Diesel. Get a Brute 66 turbo now. It'll run stock to 250/200. Over 575 HP will require 300 cc of fuel.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm in for track times as well. Not disagreeing at all. The only reason I posted that was people say show a graph or it didn't happen. Then you post a graph and people say track times or its inaccurate. No worries I fully expect it anymore. Some people just refuse to believe after some many years someone can start doing something different that the previous standard set by x and y products.

But you just hit the nail on the head. 230/80's make 450 previously.

Lets look at that. Same size nozzle. So they have the same flow per time. Who says they completely empty when it counts? Same dyno, same tuner with our 200/80 did just 509. Very little increase with the larger amount of fuel. Anyone want to guess why?

I agree and thats fine. Definitely. At some point there was a variable in 7.3s that didnt add up. Huge quantities of fuel, huuge nozzles and not a single effin truck in the 800s on fuel. Maybe a built motor with upgrades is necessary to take advantage of the fueling. But Jason(thuggy) was in the 700s with a "525-550hp" injector. Maybe the headwork and cam changed that?

6L's with an injector we consider a stg 2 are making 6-700 hp. Granted the displacemet is different but still.

Here's where my reservation lie "if" there is something different about Tims injectors(im not a skeptic, I have a brand new set laying here) then these injector talks will be awkward for some. I have good, solid proof that the 175(i dont give a chit about nozzle size really, people have done over 500 with 30% nozzles) do NOT just make those numbers. I didnt get my injectors from a cheap or do it yourself source. But if PIS injectors at that size will routinely make 450+, then things will be awkward for the guys with sub 500hp level and hybrids.

I went with a 250/200 but Im not looking to make 600hp. A good,clean runner that will operate in between 300-525, Ill be happy. I ran a 175/80 and even swapped to a 100% nozzle and when empty it wasnt impressive enough to leave them in. Ran good and towing was nice but spit, for the bang for the buck, id almost rather have my stock set gone through and throw a 30 or 80% nozzle on and be done.

Pigman

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy the past few days. I just found a set of Rosewood 238/100 injectors in the for sale section with 3k miles on them for $1400/no cores, which seems like a hell of a deal. Do y'all think I should get them? How does Rosewood compare to other companies such as PIS, FFD, etc... Also how much could I get for a set of stock injectors with 270k miles on them?

I really appreciate all y'all's help and hopefully I can start buying all the parts and putting it all together pretty soon!

ETA: Here's the link to the ad:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45455

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Those stockers are good for cores. A core charge is usually 900 but you wont get that trying to sell them.

David N

Reaction score
My best time with 250/100's was 8.55 at 80ish mph. That's a full weight crew cab 4x4 too. And on my PMR motor, so I'm assuming they were detuned a bit.

A good friend of mine went consistent 8.4's, only difference in the trucks was he had a Srp1.1 hpop, and I had stock hpop. Same PMR setup.

Is there a big difference between the 80% and 100% nozzle?

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
My main objective from 175/80 is reliability. I honestly won't lose sleep if I don't have a 450 hp truck. I was just giving the original postee an idea of hp numbers and what setup I personally have. The proof here has been laid down previously with a graph and that is impressive. You can t argue with that.

That's exactly why I went with the set up that I have which isn't a lot different than yours. Reliability and good safe power was my goal!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy the past few days. I just found a set of Rosewood 238/100 injectors in the for sale section with 3k miles on them for $1400/no cores, which seems like a hell of a deal. Do y'all think I should get them? How does Rosewood compare to other companies such as PIS, FFD, etc... Also how much could I get for a set of stock injectors with 270k miles on them?

I really appreciate all y'all's help and hopefully I can start buying all the parts and putting it all together pretty soon!

ETA: Here's the link to the ad:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45455

They are ready to ship if you want them lol.

But imo the s468 is the way to go. I am in love. Made my modded h2e seem obsolete. Spools amazing and pulls hard. Ran it with the 238s was a clean running machine. And pulled hard.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.