4wd jump

3brorce

Reaction score
4wd jump/bounce/wheel hop

Will a 4 link cure this issue I have in 4wd or do I have a problem? In snow/mud when getting stuck hubs locked, front end really jumps/bounces around bad. I know its wheel hop but dang feels like front end is going to fall out.

Last edited:

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Yes. It takes any wheel hop you get and puts it to the ground. 4 link was a nice addition to my truck!

3brorce

Reaction score
Was afraid that would be the answer. Now the question is 3-link or 4-link? Leveled height truck.

Last edited:

Layson

Reaction score
I think it is more than that. It is more of a shock issue or tire issue than a 3-link versus 4-link setup.

Am I wrong, but doesn't a 4-link allow the suspension to articulate more?

Layson

Reaction score
No I meant what I said. That is why you typically have to install a larger sway bar on a 4-linked truck. If you don't change anything at all but go to a 4-link you get more body roll than a radius arm setup.

3brorce

Reaction score
Yeah, a little more than I am looking to spend. Unless your looking to sell yours Jared.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Was afraid that would be the answer. Now the question is 3-link or 4-link? Leveled height truck.

I think Trevor from PMF made a short arm 4-link and said it was better for wheel hop in like racing/pulling situations. I don't know how that translates to your situation, but you could give him a call.

Maybe since he has both 3-link and 4-link available he would be able to give you a better idea of which is right for you?

3brorce

Reaction score
I think Trevor from PMF made a short arm 4-link and said it was better for wheel hop in like racing/pulling situations. I don't know how that translates to your situation, but you could give him a call.

Maybe since he has both 3-link and 4-link available he would be able to give you a better idea of which is right for you?

Yes sir, thank you. I did talk with Trevor. He does have a short arm, long arm and a 3link. Since I have no plans of lifting I think a 3link may be better for me.