5/8'' pickup tube

TARM

Reaction score
You drill a hole thru your sending unit. You have a 5/8 tube then a compression fitting into a bulkhead fitting with a 10 AN /jic male fitting on the end.. A 90 degree 10an long sweep fitting to push lock or you can go wiht one with a female swivel end and then go to a straight PL to male hose end fitting to connect to it. OR you can do the easy thing that will not cost you any more or very little extra money and just order it from one of our vendors. They cost about $50 IIRC.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You drill a hole thru your sending unit. You have a 5/8 tube then a compression fitting into a bulkhead fitting with a 10 AN /jic male fitting on the end.. A 90 degree 10an long sweep fitting to push lock or you can go wiht one with a female swivel end and then go to a straight PL to male hose end fitting to connect to it. OR you can do the easy thing that will not cost you any more or very little extra money and just order it from one of our vendors. They cost about $50 IIRC.

guess i could have just asked you this to begin with in our PM's. now anyone wanting to know can search it. so is it just a draw straw and you don't mess with the mixing chamber anymore and it sits just off the bottom of the tank?

i found irate's pickup tube... do any other vendors sell them? there the only ones i found that had it while i was searching. not that i wouldn't order from them but just wondering for the next guy that wants to go this route.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I'd look into a sump rather the pickup tube. I know it's a bit more but the fact of being able to use all the fuel in your tank should be benefit enough.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'd look into a sump rather the pickup tube. I know it's a bit more but the fact of being able to use all the fuel in your tank should be benefit enough.

i have looked into that but i don't know if i want something hanging that low on my truck to be ripped off when driving threw our woods or around the farm...

Smokyred

Reaction score
I had Dennis' pickup tube on my 7.3 and had no problem using all the fuel. I just cut the end of the tube at a 30° angle and set the end a half inch off the bottom.

Dave

Marty

Reaction score
I set the ends closer then 1/2" but I also cut it on an angle. I can drive 40 miles after the low fuel light comes on and the fuel pressure doesn't change and the pump doesn't cog.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I picked up the parts to build mine this weekend, it was less then $30 in parts plus $15 for 5' of 5/8" push lock...

I also got 5' of 5/8" stainless for the pick up, enough to do several.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I picked up the parts to build mine this weekend, it was less then $30 in parts plus $15 for 5' of 5/8" push lock...

I also got 5' of 5/8" stainless for the pick up, enough to do several.

sweet! did you go with a long sweep 90* fitting or a shorty 90* fitting?

Latest posts

Members online