5r110 "pump upgrades"

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
So I've been collecting parts for a trans rebuild and I have all the aftermarket stuff taken care of, now I just want to make sure I'm replacing all the right OEM parts.

As of right now I have all the seals and gaskets, new pan, filter, and new solenoids. All aftermarket transmissions that come from the reputable shops come with "pump upgrades" I know there's revised pump's from ford and I plan on just buying one because why risk it? Does anyone know the part number? Also am I missing out on "pump upgrades"? I have the transgo kit already.

Are there any oem parts Im missing?

sootie

Reaction score
the pump mods are what the builders typically keep a secret as they play a great role in making the trans live. as far as part numbers go, get the most updated part number ford has for a 5R110. i believe it changes up four times.

dont build your trans without replacing the trans cooler and valve body/solenoid pack

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The modified solenoid can just do it faster than the factory solenoid can ever hope to even with tuning adjustments. So basically no lazy 3-5 shifts, even if it starts off not being that way eventually down the road that solenoid will get weaker and weaker until you don't realize its going out. At that point the damage is most likely done. Just a suggestion though.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The modified solenoid can just do it faster than the factory solenoid can ever hope to even with tuning adjustments. So basically no lazy 3-5 shifts, even if it starts off not being that way eventually down the road that solenoid will get weaker and weaker until you don't realize its going out. At that point the damage is most likely done. Just a suggestion though.

Im sick of how lazy my 3-5 shifts have always been so Im just gonna buy one, I have a brand new stock direct solenoid sitting around if I don't like it.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
It will shift firm for the first 50 or so miles then it should calm down but will firm back up on wide open runs. Just a good investment especially on a new trans.

Latest posts

Members online