6.0 dead petal in gear revs in neutral or park

Reaction score
i have a 2003 6.0 in the shop right now. build date is 10/03 and its a california emmisions truck. the customer swapped a 2006 motor into it and now it doesnt have any rpm gain in drive or in reverse. I changed the IPR and the ICP to new ford sensors. also changed the engine harness and put a non butchered one in it. It still wont rev in gear. have any of you experienced this? The HPOP makes 600-700 psi when starting so i dont believe that the HPOP is the problem.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Does it rev quick in neutral or park or is it sluggish? I wonder if something is screwed up in the transmission?

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Kreg did you ever figure out what was wrong what were some other symptoms? Rough idle ? Smoke? etc I am going through same thing right now in my 05 it all started when I blew a hose off the map sensor...I think I have now fixed the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
the truck runs normal its just very sluggish to rev even in park and neutral. but the ford ids software that we have we cant even see anything. the computer recognizes WOT and commands the icp to do so. but the injectors just wont do it. i replaced the engine harness, IPR, ICP, EBPS, New ford HPOP, New computer, FICM, petal and fuse box and it still has the same problem. I am going to pressure check the high pressure oil system tomorrow at work and see if there is possibly a cracked branch tube or something that is restricting the oil from getting to the injectors and being pissed out somwhere in the oil system. This one is really stumping me. I had a ford Tech from columbia ford come and take a look at is as well with the IDS software and he couldnt find anything wrong with it either.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.