6.0 injector stiction discussion

Snake

Reaction score
Torque specs courtesy of twoicebergs

Here is the Injector Torque Spec:

Cross bolt = 0.5 Nm (little torque)
Two hold down bolts = 3 Nm (a bit more torque)
Nozzle nut = 85 ft/lbs (about as much as you can pull with a normal wrench)

Mdub707

Reaction score
I just ordered some archoil 9100 for the first time, can't wait to try this to compare it to rev-x. As soon as the weather warms up a bit, I'll be digging in for that problem injector/s to pull apart. I'm excited to try this out.

G Racing

Reaction score
I just ordered some archoil 9100 for the first time, can't wait to try this to compare it to rev-x. As soon as the weather warms up a bit, I'll be digging in for that problem injector/s to pull apart. I'm excited to try this out.

I've been using this in my truck as well as customer vehicles. It works really well and eliminates stiction. It's probably the best that I have found.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Someone just brought the Archoil 2300 to my attention... has anyone tried this yet? It's recommended to use this cleaner before switching to the oil additives. Sounds like you run it for an oil change interval, then on your next change switch to the 9100... Hmmm.

http://www.archoil.com/index.cfm/products/custom/ar2300-engine-nano-cleaner/

I've been using this in my truck as well as customer vehicles. It works really well and eliminates stiction. It's probably the best that I have found.

Thanks Jason!

Mdub707

Reaction score
But does it clean "varnish" off of spool valves? Have you tried using the 2300 before the 9100? How does it compare to just using the 9100 alone? What about using just the 2300 by itself, does it run better on the next oil change without the 2300 in? Sorry for so many questions, haven't heard much about the 2300.

G Racing

Reaction score
I've never taken an injector apart to check before and after. Yes it runs better after and the 9100 helps to keep it clean and reducing wear. L

Mdub707

Reaction score
Ok, that's basically what I was looking for. Figured no one has really done a before and after with spool valve visuals... maybe I can be the guy to try that though. Hmmm. Not sure I want to pull them apart several times LOL

Snake

Reaction score
Looks like I can add Archoil to my shopping list this week. Any vendors have a good price on the 2300 and 9100?

Snake

Reaction score
I'm going to give the 2300 and the 9100 a try. Even in FL where the morning lows are in the 50's, my truck has some..........lets say, opportunities.

I'll keep everyone posted. Good, bad, or otherwise.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I should have 2300 and 9100 sitting at the house for me for the weekend. I'm going to put the 2300 in first and try that by itself for a little while to see if that alone makes any difference. My truck is embarrassing to even drive anywhere at this point because of how bad it breaks up and skips/misses. It seems at this point I have one injector that basically never clears up even at full operating temp.

I'm going to try the 2300, then add the 9100 later, then next oil change try nothing again and see if anything changed. If it goes back to stiction issues, I am diving in and going to attempt fixing my own spool valves. In the mean time, I have a spare injector that is going to get pulled apart and some measurements done. The injector DIY thread is becoming quite helpful now too.

Snake

Reaction score
I don't want to hear it Mark! LOL

Maybe you can order your next set of spark plugs from him? LOL