6.0 oil rail standpipes breaking

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
c5f0e3d9146a00c01ec8d2871e31948a.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Way too long. 7-8 hours. But we are doing head studs, hpop, oil cooler, and new injectors so this really was the best option.

Oh wow. Didn't know you were doing all that. That's definitely the smartest way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Oh wow. Didn't know you were doing all that. That's definitely the smartest way to do it.

Yeah, the customer decided that while we were in there he wanted to do it all. Turned out a injector was actually broken where the metal clip holds the oil seal in the top of it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
F that.... I'd rather yank it out the front. But I have the tooling to do just that and have done dozens over the years in e series ambulances

webb06

Reaction score
Yeah, the customer decided that while we were in there he wanted to do it all. Turned out a injector was actually broken where the metal clip holds the oil seal in the top of it.

Lol that's quite a sales tactic! I'll pull the body then let you decide to do it all hahaha love it!

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
If I was just doing an injector or stand pipe, just remove the mount on left side to access the right side (passenger side). Would only remove engine if I was doing heads or something like that. I've done a couple engines, they aren't nice but they aren't too bad. Never done a body lift on one, but that is generally how I do the trucks.

pdumont01

Reaction score
F that.... I'd rather yank it out the front. But I have the tooling to do just that and have done dozens over the years in e series ambulances
Out the front is the way to go! I used to do them in armoured lenco trucks after I plasma cut the front 1/2 inch steel body off. Oh how I miss this lol
3a92103c69cf31a305c54d5b18199f00.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.