6.0 problems

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Hello everyone. this is a follow up to my last post my 2004 f350 has been nothing but trouble sense I bought it ill give a a list of things I haven't done it'll be shorter that way. Still has factory fuel pump and ficm pcm and all the factory sensors exept icp and ipr has New turbo inj hpop all New o rings has good icp ficm voltage 65psi fuel pressure truck runs great un till I try and move it no power what so ever truck revs up slow in neutral and as soon a I start to let off the clutch it dies I just changed the filter today figured out I was getting air into the lines from the pump filter cap being a little loose I pulled the tank all screens spotless tank has no water or junk in it. Under the little load I can put on it it stays 65 psi fuel pressure and 2200 icp. Im puzzled as can be with this any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Atsah

Reaction score
I may be reading it wrong, Is the HPOP and injectors new as well.. Is you're EGR still intact?

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Yes the hpop is New and all the orings and all the injectors turbo and New harness I have egr ****** New oilcooler studs and all that I have 600-800 icp at idle if I smash it it takes about 5 seconds to get to 3k and it gets to 2400 icp.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You got a cat on the truck still? I had one doing a similar thing that turned out the cat was pkugged.

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
No I have a straight pipe I might add I have aexhaust leak behind the turbo I was thinking that vgt relearn process wasn't working or something:shrug:

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
It's a late build it has the old hpop but has the newer oilrails last time I checked it was in speck does 5v sound right?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
No icp koeo should be .23v. Check the harness for oil contamination if you have reacedthe sensor recently. If its been awhile since the sensor was replaced, you probably need a new one again, and i would put a pugtail on while you got it apart anyway.

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
I think it was .5 I have a new injector harness but not thaw main harness what causes the higher voltage computer or picking up stray voltage from a short between wires?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Oil contamination shorting vref will cause it. This is why i always replace the pigtail with the sejsor. Been burned too many times to not repkace it. For sells the connector for about 100 bucks with the butt connectors and heat shrink.

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
My scangauge says .23v KOEO ill try it tomorrow and see how it does once I fixed the air in fuel problem I never let it run really long maybe it still. Had air in it. Does 600 icp sound right for a regular idle when I Matt in in neutral I spikes up to 2k really quick so idt it's a oil problem anyone think ficm problem? That's the only thing that isn't New.

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Ficm is. 48.5 harness is oilsoaked but not smashed or anything I was gonna do the engine harness but it was more than I wanted to pay unless I needed it. Is there a pid for vgt solenoid voltage

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
No only for percent if i remember correctly. Is there any smoke when you are trying to run it up?

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Started it up today starts out fine the works it way to idling rough think I have a injector not seated.:fustrate:

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Did the baloon test no leaking at all pulled the map tube off it was clogged blew it out replaced the sensoras well no change of anyone has a idea I'll try anything at this point

aaronsimms637

Reaction score
Yes I spun it with my fingers before I put the intake on and that 68 whistles like crazy. I unplugged it and I can hear the difference it idles like a Cummins and when I plug it back in it sound like a 747 I put a new map sensor on it and found that the tube to the sensor was clogged blew it out it idles smoother and I have a more accurate reading on my livewire. now the truck will move but when I press the pedal with it in gear nothing happens.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.