6.0 running great!

swinky

Reaction score
The good thing about the reputation they have, is the price is kept low, which is good for those of us that love them.

But, the reputation has definitely been earned too.

IMO, the 6.0 needs a certain owner...one who doesn't see a head gasket repair as a catastrophic engine failure, and is usually one willing to wrench. And usually enjoys it.

But as Atsah stated earlier, to most consumers, a 150K head gasket job is not acceptable for a diesel that was sold for a premium new. And if you have to pay to have this done elsewhere, it's never cheap.

I defend this engine because I know they can be made dependable, and are a blast to drive. But, I hope you don't expect to not spend money.

You will have a HPO leak, and/or
dead FICM, and/or
an injector or eight, and/or
stuck unison ring, and/or
popped egr cooler, and/or
clogged oil cooler, and/or many other things!

I guess what some of us enjoy is trying to defeat all of the typical issues, and finding the best and most cost efficient ways to do it. Kind of like a hobby. And the place to get most of this information is on this site, even from the guys who bash em now.

Couldn't of said it any better myself. Honestly I just like the challenge.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
BTW, I recently acquired a 6.0 with low miles and was meticulously care for prior. But has already had headgasket, egr, oil cooler, injector, and ficm issues in its short life. So not all well cared for low mileage 6.0's are reliable...

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
BTW, I recently acquired a 6.0 with low miles and was meticulously care for prior. But has already had headgasket, egr, oil cooler, injector, and ficm issues in its short life. So not all well cared for low mileage 6.0's are reliable...
Sorry to hear that, Mine's still working great.

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
I jinked mine by posting in this thread.

Ye' be warned
I'm not superstitious....lol, and I know full well the chances that these engines will have problems. I'm actually a pretty 'happy go lucky' guy and when I first posted on this site I was just trying to interject a little positive attitude but found out in a hurry that there isn't anyone here looking for that :shrug:, only people with passed/current problems seem to hang/ be welcome here. It don't change my attitude it just makes me chuckle.......my attitude with these engines is 'if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen'. I will deal with the issues as they arise when they arise until then I'm just going to drive it and enjoy the ride.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm not superstitious....lol, and I know full well the chances that these engines will have problems. I'm actually a pretty 'happy go lucky' guy and when I first posted on this site I was just trying to interject a little positive attitude but found out in a hurry that there isn't anyone here looking for that :shrug:, only people with passed/current problems seem to hang/ be welcome here. It don't change my attitude it just makes me chuckle.......my attitude with these engines is 'if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen'. I will deal with the issues as they arise when they arise until then I'm just going to drive it and enjoy the ride.
How can you even say that when you haven't experienced any heat? You're not even in the kitchen yet bud.

6.0Dually

Reaction score
That 6.0 will betray you sooner than later. I know mine did and I babied that thing.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Turd-250

Reaction score

i'm always looking for a positive attitude! :)

chromehound

Reaction score

This is just my $0.02 but you came in here (in this thread anyhow) with a positive attitude BUT you also came off like an arrogant azz. You came in acting like just cause you put a few miles on your rig with no problems while others have had issues that the other guys didn't know dick one about anything. Some guys have gotten lucky and some haven't with these things. Some it's due to bad luck, some bad maintenance and some poor choices.

There are plenty here who like to hear about success and a good running rig. Just most of us have had issues and get frustrated and are trying to find answers. If you have good luck great - just don't rub it in peoples faces - it won't go over well. And coming in asking how to blow the heads off your motor is going to get only smartazz comments or guys calling you a moron.

Enjoy your truck - that's why you bought it right? Just might want to tone down the attitude. You'll need help one day and the guy you pissed off may be the guy who could tell you how to fix it.

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
This is just my $0.02 but you came in here (in this thread anyhow) with a positive attitude BUT you also came off like an arrogant azz. You came in acting like just cause you put a few miles on your rig with no problems while others have had issues that the other guys didn't know dick one about anything. Some guys have gotten lucky and some haven't with these things. Some it's due to bad luck, some bad maintenance and some poor choices.

There are plenty here who like to hear about success and a good running rig. Just most of us have had issues and get frustrated and are trying to find answers. If you have good luck great - just don't rub it in peoples faces - it won't go over well. And coming in asking how to blow the heads off your motor is going to get only smartazz comments or guys calling you a moron.

Enjoy your truck - that's why you bought it right? Just might want to tone down the attitude. You'll need help one day and the guy you pissed off may be the guy who could tell you how to fix it.
Looking back on my first comments I guess I did appear to be a smartazz...that was never my intentions, I was only trying to interject a little positive vib, that's to say lighten up a little what is a lot of negativity, I guess I can understand how anyone with problems with these engine would find what I posted a bit irritating so let me say now that I sincerely apologize to all that I offended and I will be very careful to not be so insensitive in the future comments I make. I know that these sites are full of good honest people that are doing nothing more than trying to help people that are going thru what they all ready have and that is an invaluable service to many.......keep it up and don't think for a minute that I don't realize that without your help many would be lost. I hope this helps clear the air.

swinky

Reaction score
Nobody is offended, just think you're being kinda dumb calling your truck reliable because you've had it for a couple of months.

sootie

Reaction score
Looking back on my first comments I guess I did appear to be a smartazz...that was never my intentions, I was only trying to interject a little positive vib, that's to say lighten up a little what is a lot of negativity, I guess I can understand how anyone with problems with these engine would find what I posted a bit irritating so let me say now that I sincerely apologize to all that I offended and I will be very careful to not be so insensitive in the future comments I make. I know that these sites are full of good honest people that are doing nothing more than trying to help people that are going thru what they all ready have and that is an invaluable service to many.......keep it up and don't think for a minute that I don't realize that without your help many would be lost. I hope this helps clear the air.

i'll try and help you understand something that you dont seem to get...what you ran into, on this site, that you perceived as negativity, was in fact realism.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.