6.0 S362FMW project build

vinniehobart

Reaction score
This is my first build so sorry for all the detailed information, Im a field test engineer so this will explain it. Well first off, my neighbor Chris Vanderford finally talked me into getting more under the hood than expected last week. Ive been going to the track with him in my 2004 f250 4x4 since he got his f100 up and running. I prevously ran a 13.89 @7500 lbs and also a 97.09mph trap speed. I have gearhead tunes, driven diesel reg return, php ficm tuner, s&b CAI, studs deletes, and 4" exhaust thus far. I rode in Lavon Miller's DPC 2014 dodge cummins a few weeks ago while i was up at Firepunk Diesel in Ohio. I had to go to firepunk to haul a friends CR to get transmission warranty work. I got back to Wichita Ks after this and drove my pickup and it felt like a snail. I was talking to chris about what i wanted which was an S362FMW 62/68/.83 with a set of 190/100. So I ordered an Irate diesel T-4 kit for it and got the turbo off Turbo Pro. I finally bought a set of 205/100 today off a member here. They are a little big for what i want but figured this would give me a chance to get a BTS transmission quicker :doh: . Im also taking off that plastic shield above the turbo and going to use P-clamps to hold that wiring harness that goes inside of it to give me better accesibility and since its already broken. Im also thinking of putting the batteries in the back and running battery post to the rear bumper as well as keeping them under the hood incase my cables cant reach a certain car or trailer (Electric jacks). Im running the stock fuel pump for now until this fall. I want to run the Irate fuel system with dual SD pumps. the concept of running the SD pumps in parallel sounds perfect for me since ill have the reliablity of stock fuel pumps but being able to push enough fuel like an aftermarket pump. Any thoughts on this please comment. Im an Agricultural mechanical engineer so im not to dumb when it comes to designing and making something easier to work on. For now i have EOT,ECT,boost (both mechanical and electronic gauges),transmission, and egt. Im wanting to get HPOP and fuel pressure gauge here by the end of july. like i said any input is appreciated!

05wh250

Reaction score
Please make it detailed if you move the battery's. Been wanting to do this for awhile now.

Looks like a fun build. Will the 62 flow enough air for those injectors?

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Im hoping so. Ill need to get quite a bit of fuel pulled until I build my compounds (S362/S475). then it should be quite the lil street/tow setup. Ya ill definately be detailed. Ill be doing bed mounted batteries on Wade Webbs compound turbo 6.0 he is building. I'm not enthused about doing it but i know its the correct move. I'm wanting to do an aluminum battery cover, but I think my miller mig will do the trick for now! This should be alot easier than running a wiring harness on a combine that's for sure!!

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Ill have a list of how many feet of wire I use and the type of J-clamps Ill use. Ill be drilling 6mm holes in the passenger side frame rail every 2ft for J-clamps. Im also be making a windshield wiper resorvoir for mine pickup since the old one is ugly and it will help clean things up above that passenger side frame rail. Ill be using one from a gleaner combine which is a cube shape and should look pretty nice tucked in the corner. Ill take some pictures here in a bit of my progress on this build thus far. Waiting for parts is making me anxious, but being an engineer im use to it lol

strokin6L

Reaction score
Post some pics of the Irate T4 mount and 362fmw install if you can. Sounds like a cool build. I was thinking about doing the Irate T4 mount with a 64.5mm fmw with my 190/75's next year

05wh250

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Yes definitely get some pics of everything.

One thing I've been stuck on is how to distribute power under the hood? Of course I haven't really looked at how it is distributed from the factory either.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Like you said, probably going to have some fuel pulled while it's a single but should still make pretty good power. Sounds like you have an awesome plan, I'll be watching for results!

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Thanks yall! Ive been helping chris on his 7.3 f100 and my buddy Wade Webb on his 66/80 compound 6.0. figured it was my turn to build something that would catch everyones eye. Im hoping to be done within the next week if everything goes well (parts show up). Ill be getting matching Motorcraft batteries instead of the Oreillys special that came in the truck when I purchased it.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
10325224_727765957281675_6724758277455372858_n.jpg

vinniehobart

Reaction score
I took out my driver side battery box. Ill be making a bracket where the bottom of my S&B can rest and will be using rubber grommets like the stock one. As you can tell the driver side battery box removal really makes room so ill be keeping the wheel well open

vinniehobart

Reaction score
Ill be using a break to make the CAI bottom bracket. ill make that tommorow evening if im not helping chris with his f100

vinniehobart

Reaction score
making pretty good progress. started to extend the Ficm wiring and will be placing it where the driver side battery was.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm running the S362FMW right now with Matt's up-pipe kit (CED), on stock injectors. I'm running Eric's X-street tune right now, coupled with PHP FICM tuning. I initially tried just a street tune, no FICM tuning and it was sort of a slug. The X-street really woke it up, and the FICM tuning seems to help with spool up as well. It's a pretty fun setup and definitely sounds different. I really want to get it on the track or dyno again just to see. It definitely makes more power even on the stock sticks. I'm maxing out my 35psi boost gauge effortlessly now too.

ford rules

Reaction score
I cut mine down to get 5 and 7 there long enough to not smash the coils when you torque them down. What's tha little blk socket?

Latest posts

Members online