6.0 zf6 builds! What's your setup?

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
Never slips when he was hooked to something. I drove a tuned 6.4 with a southbend street clutch and thought it was a pleasant driver. If you decide to go with a big vgt I'll probably have my Barder stage 3 for sell in a week or two.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Don't want my clutch to slip but definately want to be able to shift hahaha. What size is the barder stage 3 68mm?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Which did u go with how much power does it hold? A 500hp one would be fine for now til I start adding more power.

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Is it a pain to install?

william_ace

Reaction score
I mean, you have to pull the transmission and transfer case and they are heavy as hell. I was lucky enough to do mine on a lift with a transmission jack and it was still a huge pain in the ass. Do the dual disk street and don't look back. At least that is my opinion.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Thankfully we have a truck lift and tranny jack although it's a harbor freight tranny jack and almost dropped and e4od on my foot hahahaha. I think I'll just go with the street one then.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Does anyone have the short throw shift kit? I've been looking into buying one. I love how it shifts but would like to get a little faster.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Definitely go with more clutch than you think you need. Been there, done that back when I owned my 6spd Dodge. If you want a price on a southbend shoot me a PM. As far as a short throw shifter check out midwest trans for the short throw.

http://www.midwesttrans.com/short_shifter.html

My buddy has one in his 6.4 and it shifts great. They are also a vendor on here.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Yup that's the one I was looking at. Looked into another company that made a short throw but didn't hear one good thing about it

Super Diesel

Reaction score
That's a nice set up. Is the mad max a vgt?

It is, 66mm.

What dual disk is everyone running? Been looking at southbend. Also heard about valair and Phoenix friction.

Southbend SFDD3250-60 is the one I'm running. I like it, doesn't shift bad - this truck is my DD.

He told me that when hes at the line trying to build boost as rpm increases he can physically feel the clutch pedal being pushed back towards him. When hes above 2500 rpm he can yank on the shifter with 2 hands and it wont come out of gear. I've never drove his truck.

Yeah... that doesn't sound right.

Yup that's the one I was looking at. Looked into another company that made a short throw but didn't hear one good thing about it

I've got the Midwest Transmission Short Throw Shift kit too, it's definitely worth the money!

Strokin89

Reaction score
Anyone ever run the ceramic clutch?

Strokin89

Reaction score
I didn't even know about them til a couple weeks ago when I started looking up
Clutches. How much power will a southbend dual disk hold is 650 the max for street clutch? When it's all said and done I'd like to be pushing over 600

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I didn't even know about them til a couple weeks ago when I started looking up
Clutches. How much power will a southbend dual disk hold is 650 the max for street clutch? When it's all said and done I'd like to be pushing over 600

Southbend's website says it'll (the SFDD3250-60) support up to 650-700.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Ok sweet that's right at where I wanna be

Strokin89

Reaction score
Was looking at valair but I think southbend is cheaper haven't really heard anything bad bout either company but I'm set on southbend now

Strokin89

Reaction score
Anyone run the php gryphon ficm tuner?

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
Early 04 6.0, ZF6, Studded/Deleted, 4" Turbo back strait pipe, Airaid CAI, 58V ficm, Coolant filter, Oil bypass, filter, Large mouth elbow, sump, pump, R&R, Snow performance stage two water/meth, Kenny's dual disk clutch,KC Turbos 68mm, 180/75 injectors, gearhead tuning. I love my sintered iron dual disk from Kenny's. He claims it's rated for 750.

Latest posts

Members online