6.0 zf6 builds! What's your setup?

Strokin89

Reaction score
That's a nice setup who's injectors are u running? How do you like them?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
I'm running River City injectors. The injectors are ok but RCD kinda gave me some problems that I won't go into on here lets just say I'll buy my next set some where else.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha. I was looking into getting mine from mpd

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha. I was looking into getting mine from mpd

Highly recommend MPD/MFI injectors. I personally Run them, and sell them!

Strokin89

Reaction score
Never really heard anything bad about mpd and there only about an hour or so from me

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Never really heard anything bad about mpd and there only about an hour or so from me

Even better. You can have them install them while you're at it!

Strokin89

Reaction score
Yea I'd rather have them professionally installed never done injectors before. Prolly get them to do regulated return and fuel system at the same time.

Strokin89

Reaction score
A1000 is what I wanna do heard not many good things about the other pumps

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I would recommend getting a fuel system. If you do a full fuel system stay far far away from airdog. I installed an A1000 and it holds great.

Nothing wrong with an AirDog low pressure pump, such as the AD150. It's only job is to filter water and air. Those work great.

AirDog 2's (the AD165) however, they don't have a good track record...

Strokin89

Reaction score
Yea haven't heard many good things about them and my cousin had a fass and had problems with that. I've heard good things about the a1000 tho that's what I'm looking to get

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Early 04 6.0, ZF6, Studded/Deleted, 4" Turbo back strait pipe, Airaid CAI, 58V ficm, Coolant filter, Oil bypass, filter, Large mouth elbow, sump, pump, R&R, Snow performance stage two water/meth, Kenny's dual disk clutch,KC Turbos 68mm, 180/75 injectors, gearhead tuning. I love my sintered iron dual disk from Kenny's. He claims it's rated for 750.

By the way, I've always been really interested in your setup - mainly because it's so similar to mine. Were you at the RiffRaff event last month? The one that got rained out? I was there, sucks that we didn't get to dyno.

Strokin89

Reaction score
How's the lag on a 68mm?

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
By the way, I've always been really interested in your setup - mainly because it's so similar to mine. Were you at the RiffRaff event last month? The one that got rained out? I was there, sucks that we didn't get to dyno.
Ya I was there I was one of the guys that got the track ready with Cory and Clay's team. The truck looks different then my profile pic because I took that when I first got the truck and it was still stock. I was also at Dyno Proven's open house. I'm pretty sure you were there(I remember your truck because I couldn't stop drooling over that blue RCSB).

How's the lag on a 68mm?
The lag isn't that bad for driving around town but the power doesn't really come in until you get up around 2500rpm. I would say it's just a hair bit laggier(I have no idea how to spell that) Then my Powermax before I put the billet wheel in. I have to say I'm really happy with Charlies 68mm. Great service and it runs great.

william_ace

Reaction score
^^^That's awesome. I'd have to say the same for my Barder 68mm. a tad laggy, but not too bad. Power comes on about the same as yours.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Is it a direct bolt in?

Strokin89

Reaction score
The 68 or do u need a new flange or up pipes? Never really messed with anything other than a stock turbo

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
Charlies turbo from KC is made from a factory turbo and Barders is made from a powermax. So both guys turbos drop right in with no modification.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Sweet that may be the route I go. I'd love to try a small non vgt but will prolly start out with a larger vgt

Latest posts

Members online