6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Freaking sweet Morgan! Keep it up man, this truck just keeps on getting better everytime you give us an update. Good luck at Atlanta!

Reaction score
I was going to say D80 time, but never mind. Awesome hook.

Yeah that's not a stock dana 80 either. That's 37 spline spool, 4340 axles, girdle cover and spicer gears with special preload and backlash. I've got 300m axles with 40 spline drive flanges just waiting to get thrown in. See how long they last.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
GREAT JOB.... Your truck has come a long ways and stayed at the top...
Well deserved...:ford:

RedRice589

Reaction score
Yeah that's not a stock dana 80 either. That's 37 spline spool, 4340 axles, girdle cover and spicer gears with special preload and backlash. I've got 300m axles with 40 spline drive flanges just waiting to get thrown in. See how long they last.

Are we making bets on how many pulls they make it through???:poke:

Reaction score
Still want to know what you did/are doing to improve head flow.... Lol

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

Stock heads ported for now. There's really only one way to totally fix the cylinder head flow situation, if you get what I'm saying. So let your imagination run wild. I'm not gonna say anything more till next year!......

Reaction score
Are we making bets on how many pulls they make it through???:poke:

Hopefully a lot but I have doubts

Congrats Morgan. Awesome pull. My brother was over there but I couldn't get off of work. Who placed in front of you

Too bad, it would have been nice to meet you

Awesome to see you are coming to Atl in a couple weeks. Good luck.

I will be there. If you see me come and introduce yourself

Holly chit! Great job!

Thanks!

jugger13

Reaction score

37 spline 4340 are not very weak shafts either.
The 40 spline 300m should take alot more.

If thats not enough there is a few 47 spline (thats 2" shaft) D80 spools I seen for sale on pirate.
Then get ya some RCV or ouverson shafts. I think ouverson will have the drive flanges you'll need.
as far as I know no one has broke a 2" RCV shaft........yet lol

Reaction score
37 spline 4340 are not very weak shafts either.
The 40 spline 300m should take alot more.

If thats not enough there is a few 47 spline (thats 2" shaft) D80 spools I seen for sale on pirate.
Then get ya some RCV or ouverson shafts. I think ouverson will have the drive flanges you'll need.
as far as I know no one has broke a 2" RCV shaft........yet lol

The ring and pinion will still be the weak point. Seems to be the downfall of the rear end.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Yeah, the Dana 80 ring and pinion seems to be a little weaker than the AAM. Axles are not as big of issue as the ring and pinion. You can put massive axles in but not so much for ring and pinions.

Aams are breaking ring gears like crazy too. Rob hall and, cole Mathews break one ever two pulls it seems. I don't think there's a fix for the ring gear if its a aam or Dana 80.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Stock heads ported for now. There's really only one way to totally fix the cylinder head flow situation, if you get what I'm saying. So let your imagination run wild. I'm not gonna say anything more till next year!......

So you're not going to tell us it's getting billet heads then?

jugger13

Reaction score
Yeah, the Dana 80 ring and pinion seems to be a little weaker than the AAM. Axles are not as big of issue as the ring and pinion. You can put massive axles in but not so much for ring and pinions.

probably a dumb question, but have ya ran a cryo treated gear set yet?

really help a dana 60 R&P i had be more durable.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.