6.4 Buyers Guide

skew12

Reaction score
I'm sure that'll be the same feeling I have when it comes time.

Any 6.4 board members near you? Maybe they could take you for a ride or possibly go with you. Someone that's spent some time in one.

I definitely want to see some pics of that lifted 09

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I'm sure that'll be the same feeling I have when it comes time.

Any 6.4 board members near you? Maybe they could take you for a ride or possibly go with you. Someone that's spent some time in one.

I definitely want to see some pics of that lifted 09

I lied its an 08, but here is the craigslist ad.
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/2708129549.html

But i wish there were some serious 6.4 guys around here, i dont know of ANY. I know there arent any forum members that drive 6.4s

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
mines a job1 fwiw no problems other than the bone-head owner

Thanks Dustin!

Any tips or advice you can think of when going to look at a truck on a dealership lot?? Ive been checking the coolant bottles, trying to see if any puking has happened. Driven them all pretty hard to see i could make anytihng happen. They all seem to run really smooth, occasionally have a shift flare but i think tuning would change that.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Just obvious stuff like your doing. These things just don't see. To have the problems older trucks do.

2010s have 3.55 only 08-09 have 3.73 or optional 3.55s depending on your plans I would try to find 3.55 but that's not that important.

Just fine one with the right mileage for the right price and u should be fine

87jumpy

Reaction score
You can look at the core support to see if its been cut for a bigger CAC tube. You could also see if the down pipe is a two piece aftermarket. If its at a ford dealer, make sure to get an OASIS report.

David S.

Reaction score
I've got a Job 1. Mellted a piston in the original motor at 141k. It was pulling a 40ft. enclosed dirtbike trailer from Virginia to Las Vegas for a show we were in. Ford ended up relacing the motor out of an 09 with only 8k miles on it

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The 08 King Ranch i found for 33k is getting more and more interesting. Its by far one of the cleanest trucks ive been around, its flawless. 67k miles.... There is just something about king ranch that i LOVE.

smokedout250

Reaction score
The 08 King Ranch i found for 33k is getting more and more interesting. Its by far one of the cleanest trucks ive been around, its flawless. 67k miles.... There is just something about king ranch that i LOVE.

Your killin me Derek.... The more I read this thread the more I want a 6.4! Good luck on the search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
2011-12-02112101.jpg

2011-12-02112052.jpg

2011-12-02112203.jpg

Spatel23

Reaction score
does that steering wheel have any wear at 12oclock?
I cant tell by the picture.

Reason I ask is, if it doesn't, Id be suspect. They are really easy to wear right there and at that mileage if its not worn, Id be suspicious.
Could be wrong, but just throwing my .02 in.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Does that have the rear bench or captains chairs?
rear bench! I need at least 5 seats haha, front and rear captains wouldnt do too well for me
does that steering wheel have any wear at 12oclock?
I cant tell by the picture.

Reason I ask is, if it doesn't, Id be suspect. They are really easy to wear right there and at that mileage if its not worn, Id be suspicious.
Could be wrong, but just throwing my .02 in.

Yes you can see wear, its not terrible but you can for sure see it. Same with both front seats, they arent quite the same shape as the rear seats.
You can tell its got 60k miles, but its the cleanest 60k mile ive been around

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yeah was just wondering, I dont see to many with rear captains. But if your riding in the back you cant beat the comfort of them.

Yeah i guess im just a dick to my guests ;).... But the bench is a must for me, I would rather have 6 seats, 5 will have to do just cuz that center console is awesome

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So even though i hate to admit it, you do hear a lot of people talking about melted down pistons and such...
How often or how come is that issue? Is it just a handful of people, but ALL come to the forums...or is it a pretty common deal?
Also what causes it? Injector issues?

Latest posts

Members online