6.4 compound setup non vgt

HD F250

Reaction score
Corb, I hope this works out as well as planned because I think we both know who will be getting the second set.:cool: Can't wait to see the results and having access without removing the cab is going to make this set up awesome. :popcorn:

Wayne

Reaction score
It's a knuckle scratcher, but technically the high power and max power turbos can be changed cab-on. I imagine this setup to be setup to be similarly difficult.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a knuckle scratcher, but technically the high power and max power turbos can be changed cab-on. I imagine this setup to be setup to be similarly difficult.

i believe both will maloney and myself have done it.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yep. I've also changed out a set plus an intake manifold cab down. I didn't have too much trouble doing the turbos, but the intake was no fun. I'm sure it would be easier next time on the intake, but given the choice, if I had to do an intake manifold, the cab would come up. There's just a lot of wires, fuel lines, heat shields, etc that get in the way of the intake. If it's a turbos only deal you can bet I'd opt for cab down as turbos can be changed in the time it takes to pull and reattach a cab though. The right tools definitely help as well.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Any updates? And if this is on another one of corbs trucks I'm super jealous!
Yeah man, it is the 250 under the knife again... Lol!
Ya you earned it. Enjoy those trucks bro!
Thanks man. This stuff is addicting....
Corb, I hope this works out as well as planned because I think we both know who will be getting the second set.:cool: Can't wait to see the results and having access without removing the cab is going to make this set up awesome. :popcorn:
I am digging the possibilities, tha tis for damn sure, and just the options for the 6.4 crowd.
No doubt. But the way the housing sits near the back, and blocks off access to the other crap back there, and, limits you to a 4 inch down pipe, is something that I want to avoid. Mine should have a 5 inch, from turbo to tip exhaust pipe. (with a slight bend around the trans cross member though...)
i believe both will maloney and myself have done it.
Yes, but you are both diesel freaks! Lol! And I can no longer wiggle around the engine bay...
Yep. I've also changed out a set plus an intake manifold cab down. I didn't have too much trouble doing the turbos, but the intake was no fun. I'm sure it would be easier next time on the intake, but given the choice, if I had to do an intake manifold, the cab would come up. There's just a lot of wires, fuel lines, heat shields, etc that get in the way of the intake. If it's a turbos only deal you can bet I'd opt for cab down as turbos can be changed in the time it takes to pull and reattach a cab though. The right tools definitely help as well.
also, if the turbos that we picked out aren't enough, or don't put put as we hope they do, we can now have access to everything we need to change locations, and sizes, without lifting the cab.
Sorry for the derail. Looking forward to seeing how these compounds fit and work.
No worries. All good stuff here. And I hope they wail too!!!, lol!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
chris, im sure your junk is gonna kick ass... i am jealous!! you home yet ?

nickg3130

Reaction score
Can't wait to see some pics and the finished product. Super jealous of this truck man but it's definitely well deserved. Love the different options that are coming out for the 6.4. Any fuel upgrades?

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
chris, im sure your junk is gonna kick ass... i am jealous!! you home yet ?
I saw your setup... You have nothing to be jealous of.... Lol!
Can't wait to see some pics and the finished product. Super jealous of this truck man but it's definitely well deserved. Love the different options that are coming out for the 6.4. Any fuel upgrades?

yeah, we are getting the fuel setup figured out. I wanna do the Elite pump, with 110s. Maybe step back to 85s.... We shall see. But, I don't wanna have fuel pressure issues, and have to go to dual pumps......

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dual pumps is nice peace of mind that you will always have the fuel on tap when needed, and your splitting the load between two pumps instead of one. Downside is space, cost and additional parts, but IMHO the only way to go.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Dual pumps is nice peace of mind that you will always have the fuel on tap when needed, and your splitting the load between two pumps instead of one. Downside is space, cost and additional parts, but IMHO the only way to go.

That is what I am debating on... You are def right. that ins the hot ticket. But... I'd sacrifice some fuel volume, in order to keep it to one pump, and keep trying to stay on th less smokey side of things. Plus, if we make good, reliable power, then we have learned something, and have room to improve...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
two stock pumps is the ultimate for reliability of the pump. Downside is you add another belt system, pulleys tensioners that have potential to fail, but most of thoughs components are genuine ford components anyway so...

extreme3807

Reaction score
Two pumps definitely for reliability. Plus as dustin said you never know when you may want to upgrade and you will already have that fuel on tap. My truck was able to hold frp on x-street at 877 hp with one of the pumps working. They can definitely hold their own. Regardless what you do chris your setup is going to be BA!

Sent from my DROID Pro

Reaction score
IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

_10150573914786438_504966437_11228208_1995477061_n.jpg

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Wow! Chris you're are going to have a lot of fun with those i'm thinkin! Looks good

Latest posts

Members online