6.4 Copper injector washer?

ford rules

Reaction score
Hey guys, im doing head gaskets on a friends 6.4 and the headgasket "kit" he got from the dealer was supposed to include the injector o rings and copper washers. Looking through the kit and it doesn't have the copper washers.

I cant get just the washers from the dealer and id have to buy their kit which comes with seals and HP fuel lines, but I already have new HP fuel lines as well since they were in the kit. Do I gotta just bite the bullet and pay $30 for the each kit or can I source the o rings/ copper washers elsewhere?

Lipka101

Reaction score
The "copper" washers aren't copper. They are metal crush washers. Probably going be hard to find them separate

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Hey guys, im doing head gaskets on a friends 6.4 and the headgasket "kit" he got from the dealer was supposed to include the injector o rings and copper washers. Looking through the kit and it doesn't have the copper washers.

I cant get just the washers from the dealer and id have to buy their kit which comes with seals and HP fuel lines, but I already have new HP fuel lines as well since they were in the kit. Do I gotta just bite the bullet and pay $30 for the each kit or can I source the o rings/ copper washers elsewhere?

The valve grind kit (part number 8c3z-6079-d) from ford should include them. Did the injector lines come in the kit? I would tell the dealer what's going on. Surely they'll fix you up since it's a mistake on their end that they aren't in there to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
Figured maybe they were there but you were looking for copper ones and missed them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gotcha gotcha thanks for clearing that up I did double check after you said that.

ford rules

Reaction score
The valve grind kit (part number 8c3z-6079-d) from ford should include them. Did the injector lines come in the kit? I would tell the dealer what's going on. Surely they'll fix you up since it's a mistake on their end that they aren't in there to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually the kit that I bought.
It has the steel HP lines and the white injector o rings but no crush washer. It looks like whoever packaged this kit gave me a bunch of extra banjo bolt washers for the LP fuel lines on accident. I'm gonna guess they mistaken those for the injector washers.

Thanks for the help guys gonna call the dealer once they are opened.

Latest posts

Members online